How to write a love letter to a guy
If you want to surprise your lover with a beautiful story about your feelings, then you’ve come to the right place. Let’s talk about how to write a love letter to your boyfriend, and so that this lucky man will reciprocate.
This article discusses tips on how to write a letter yourself and ends with three examples of letters for different situations.
How to write a letter to a guy in your own words so that he understands that you love him
First, write everything you want to say on a draft. Think back to how you wrote in school. No, we don’t write about aliens. We write about feelings. But writing should have an essay structure:
- An introduction. Usually something cute like, “Today I saw an older couple. They were holding each other’s hands gently. It was so sweet and touching. And then I thought…”
- Plot development. You thought, your heart flamed and/or your soul sank. In short, something happened.
- The climax. This is where you confess your feelings, “How I…hate you (just kidding)…love and idolize you.”
- The ending. Here, explain exactly why a love letter and not a text message inviting you to a glass of tea at a restaurant, where you could discuss the prospect of a relationship. Girls usually argue their choice as follows: “When I see you, I can’t say a word. My thoughts get confused, my lips get numb…So I decided to write you this letter…”
Even if you got “A” for essays in school, do not abuse epithets, do not make the text too emotional, and the situation dramatic. Otherwise, the guy will read your confession like a comic book.
An example of how not to compose a letter:
“Your eyes mesmerized me from the first minute I met you (yeah, okay?). I can’t live a minute without your voice (and how I lived before that. ). If you refuse me, for me there will be no more joy in life (What a limited and twisted lady…)”.
To understand exactly how to write a sentiment letter, check out the ready-made examples. Then come back here.
Rules for writing a love letter to a guy:
- Don’t describe all of his body parts, or just his mental qualities. Think about what it is about him that attracts you the most. Highlight a few strengths, and tell (in the 3rd part of the letter, the climax) why you love him.
- Write simply and clearly. Imagine you’re having a conversation with your lover. Of course, no parasitic words (like, well, shorter, shit, etc.).
- Don’t overdo it. Too long a message will bore the reader. It should be perfect. That is, in your text you will fit all the thoughts and emotions that overwhelm you. But it won’t look like a three-volume Tolkien book about the Ring of Power.
Well, that’s all the tips on how to write a letter to a guy in your own words so that he knows you love him. If writing is not your strong suit, but you want to surprise the guy, then read my second block. I’ll help you with your confession with concrete examples.
How to write a letter to a guy to make him cry and realize that he loves
To make a man cry over a love letter is incredibly difficult. But it is possible to touch a chord in his soul. To do this, put more sincerity into the text, and do not think about how and what to write to your boyfriend to make him cry and realize that he loves you. Instead, just be honest about your experiences.
Examples of Love Letters
When he’s just a friend
- Hello, my most harmful, yet beloved man. Yes, you’re not imagining things. I called you my favorite. We’ve known each other for years. But only now I realized what you mean in my life. And that’s because I spent an entire week without talking to you. I barely made it. I wanted to call you and tell you what I was doing. I wanted to meet you. But I couldn’t take it. But I realized that our friendship means something more to me. I always feel good with you, cheerful and calm. When we’re together, time flies by unnoticed. And I don’t want to lose it that easily! That’s why I wrote you this letter. You should know that I appreciate and love you, both as a person and as a guy. I hope… but no… I do! That you will understand me. With love, (name).
Shy and timid
- I’ve always been shy and timid. And I couldn’t just walk up to a man and get acquainted. And now I look at you. We know each other, but I do not have the guts to go up and say hello. So I decided to write you this letter. I like you… No, not even that: I’m head over heels in love with you. Your laugh, your smile, your eyes… For me you are the most handsome guy in the world. Cheerful, outgoing, the exact opposite of me. Maybe that’s why I’m so attracted to you. It’s an attraction I can’t get over. Now that you know, I can breathe easier. I just wanted to tell you that there is a man in the world who looks at you with admiration and tenderness. Timidly and unabashedly.
A letter after the breakup.
- You can congratulate me. I have begun to think less of you. It doesn’t happen every day anymore. Progress! They say time heals. But I think it only dulls the pain and memories. No, I don’t love you like before. It’s different. Sad and hopeless. No words can express how I feel now. Confusion, hatred, love, despair – I am torn apart, shattered…And dissolved in my feelings. Sometimes I think I love not you, but the memories of us. Good, warm, tender. Memories of former happiness. In time, I’ll try to lock up all the negativity, and think of you as something good that happened to me a long time ago. But left in the past forever.
Many different letters on any topic, see the section – a letter to my loved one.
If you liked my examples of what you can write in a love letter to the guy, or you have already had the experience of writing a confession to the beloved, tell about it in the comments. By the way, don’t forget to proofread the text before sending it. It must be free of spelling and grammatical errors. Your boyfriend may not be a philologist, but gross mistakes can ruin the whole impression.
Letter to a man to make him think he might lose me
No one wants or deserves to be taken for granted, so it’s only natural that you get upset when the man you’re in a relationship with does this to you.
You see that lately he’s been treating you like a backup, ignoring your best interests and making sure that you aren’t going anywhere no matter what he does.
However, it hasn’t always been that way between the two of you. Consider how to get him to think about the possibility of losing you.
If the conversation doesn’t work out, perhaps a letter to the man to make him think he might lose you might help.
Sitting and crying. This is what I do most of my time these days.
Thoughts swarm in my head. An unbearable weight on my heart tells me I’m in pain and I’m waiting for you to stop it. And you will.
I write to you because the conversation has never worked.
You never really listened to what I had to say. And even if you did, you just didn’t care enough to help me fight for our relationship.
I don’t accuse you of being selfish at all.On the contrary, I always defend you and find excuses for your behavior. I am the person who loves you the most. That’s why I always find a way to forgive you.
Being selfish means that there is no one more important to you than yourself. But I see how you care about other people and how you can influence them.
The question I want to ask now is: Why don’t you care about me?
Is it so hard to love me? I’m not waiting for diamonds and stars from the sky. I’m waiting for your love, attention, and tenderness.
Disrespectful behavior has led me to believe that I mean nothing to you. But you still get annoyed when I ask if you love me.
For the first time in my life, I’m really angry. I’m angry because of the way you treat me. Your indifference makes me feel abandoned and abused.
I feel like I did something wrong. Though it was nothing more than a desperate attempt to talk to you.
My love, you are losing me.
Think about it, you may be losing the only woman who could ever understand you completely and be there for you forever.
You’re losing the one woman who gave you enough room to grow and pursue your dreams-all because I want the best for you. Don’t you see that? Don’t you want to see that?
Do you care about my tears for you? The look on your face when I cry tells me that you look right through me and don’t even notice that my cheeks are wet and that my mind is clouded with emotion. You can’t see the pain you’re causing.
This is a letter to make you wonder if you could lose me. For the last few days, every day I find it harder and harder to hold on to you and what we have.
Don’t ask me why I’m still with you. Remember what we went through together and what made us both happy.
Remember everything that made me believe that you are my soul mate and the one who will love me for the rest of our lives.
As you read this letter, please continue to fight for our relationship. Because if you don’t, I will give up on them.
Think about it, you’re losing me. It’s so obvious. The signs are everywhere – in the way I’ve pulled away, and in the way I’m silent next to you. Everyone else has noticed it except you. Do you really not care? Or do you just prefer not to say anything?
It can’t last. This torture is unbearable.
Even if I could endure it, I respect myself enough not to stay in a relationship that brings nothing but disappointment and misery.
Don’t get me wrong, I still love you. I love you so much that my heart sometimes bursts with joy that I am human and can love so much. But I love myself more.
If I’m not happy, if I can’t feel loved and appreciated by the man who means everything to me, why should I stay with him?
I believe that you still love. But that feeling is at odds with disrespect and the way you push me away when I try to get closer.
Are you going to do something about it? Because I’m not going to be able to hold out much longer. You could lose me.
How to let a man know he might lose you: 5 psychological tricks
Go back to that glorious phase and make him see you as the incredible woman you are right now.
The beginning is always perfect. You live in a fantasy, and your world shines brighter than ever.
That’s because you’re in love, and when we’re in love, we don’t see everything that’s going on around us.
Maybe at first you didn’t see his flaws, which he has, as we all do. But as time passes and the honeymoon phase is over, he starts acting aloof. He seems to be losing interest in what’s going on at night.
Of course, all of this makes you feel unappreciated and unloved.
So you might ask yourself what to do when a guy starts acting like he doesn’t need you anymore.
- Make him fall in love with you again. He will regret treating you badly.
Is there any solution at all, or is this person going to be your ex-boyfriend and there’s nothing you can do about it?
How can you make him think about losing you and help him fall in love with you again?
It doesn’t necessarily mean that he doesn’t love you anymore, that he’s started taking you for granted, or that he’s looking for ways to leave you.
- Relationships can sometimes fall into a rut of routine and things get boring.
The same thing happens to you, and you lose the excitement you had in the beginning. That’s when most men pull away.
They just don’t feel good about the relationship anymore. They pull away and probably want to find a way out.
However, there is another side to this story. Men sometimes get too used to the idea of being in a relationship, so they no longer worry about their partners. And they begin to think less about their personal lives.
They are confident that their chosen one will spend the rest of their life with them. So they just stop putting in the effort. They stop investing in the relationship, and they stop worrying about possibly losing you.
They ignore you and take your communication to its lowest level. This leaves you frustrated and afraid of losing him.
You know your man is still the same romantic because he hasn’t changed overnight-it’s impossible. So it’s only natural to fear losing him, to fear that you’re drifting away from each other.
It makes sense that your next step is to try to talk to him, to try to see where the problem is and how you can solve it. If the conversation doesn’t work out, perhaps a letter to the man to make him think he might be losing you would help.
You have to figure out how to get the man to think he’s losing you. So, what to do, to do this?
If these are questions you don’t have an answer for, try some of the following ways to open his mind. Show him that you are both worth fighting for!
1. Don’t care too much.
When you’re wondering how to make a man think he’s losing you, the answer is this: keep him at a distance.
I’m not saying that you should cut him out of your life completely, but you should at least try to get away from him for a while.
Don’t ask him where he’s been or what he’s been doing. Don’t ask about his friends or plans and don’t sit around idly waiting for him to ask you out as if you have nothing else to do.
Don’t talk too much about what’s going on in your life (and even reduce your social media activity so he can’t keep track of what you’ve been doing lately).
- Use this time to work on yourself and the things you enjoy. Let him do whatever he wants, and don’t mind it.
If your boyfriend cares about you, he will probably worry because you are not responding to things as you used to, and will wonder why.
He’ll see that something is clearly wrong, and he’ll do everything he can to get to the bottom of the change.
Don’t be surprised if he tests you by doing something on purpose just to see your reaction.
If you want this technique to succeed, be persistent. Because if it works and you manage to bring your man out of his stupor and make him think that he is losing you, you will be glad that you managed to pull this trick. Other useful information awaits you in the compilation What to do if you’ve lost passion in a relationship.
2. Stop answering his calls and text messages
He’s used to contacting you whenever he wants, used to you answering his text messages and phone calls right away, and you’re always there for him.
Well, by changing these behaviors, you will show him what his life would look like without you.
- Don’t return his calls, ignore his texts and see where that leads. Before you know it, he’ll realize he’s lost without you.
He will realize what his life would look like without you, and I assure you that he will not like it, and very soon he will be back to his old self.
Also, if you really can’t stand it and really want to write or call him back, do it. But don’t do it right away. This, too, will make him wonder what’s going on.
Your silence will be especially effective if you are in a long-distance relationship where your entire personal life depends on letters and calls.
This way, your man will have no idea what’s going on with you, and it will make him think about your relationship and his mistakes even more. Even more interesting information in the selection: Failure to Tinder? Here are 8 important things that make you less attractive.
3. don’t let your man depend on you
If you’re wondering how to make a man think he’s losing you, one of the first things you should do is stop letting him depend on you no matter what.
It’s pretty brutal, but if you want to succeed, you have to be ruthless.
Stop doing things for him. Stop doing chores and making his life easier.
Instead of spoiling the guy you’re in a relationship with, take care of yourself.
- Redirect all the energy you have spent on him and start focusing on yourself.
I know you’ll probably worry about whether he can do without you and want to help him like you always do.
But this time, try not to worry about his needs and remember that you are trying to teach him a lesson, for both of you.
Start with some small things: get him to make his own dinner and iron his own clothes.
Once the young man sees that you are taking care of yourself and not doing it all for him, he will realize how much he depends on you and will appreciate much more. Go to the Home Page of the Land of Advice for more interesting stories.
4. You have to learn how to say “no.”
If you’re trying to figure out how to get your man to think about losing you, you have to take a clear stance for yourself.
Don’t let him drag you where he likes, do what he wants without caring about your preferences.
I’m not saying to stop supporting his dreams and aspirations.
- You just have another life to take care of-your own.
Think about what you want to do for a change, and have fun.
Don’t let him talk you into doing things you don’t want to do and going places you don’t want to go. If you can’t find a compromise, do things your way.
On the other hand, he will probably be stunned that you have suddenly learned to say no.
He will realize that he is losing you because you will be spending more and more time apart and his attention is no longer as relevant.
Also, the next time your man asks you out, tell him that you already have plans or that you are not in the mood to go out with him tonight.
Trust me – that’s the last thing he’ll expect and will definitely be a wake-up call for him.
Such a lesson will make him think twice. And when he looks back and realizes he almost lost you, he will see a strong woman who is capable of making her own decisions, and will respect you even more for it.
5. Spend time without him.
The next step is to start going out without inviting him along or consulting him beforehand.
- By doing this, you will show your boyfriend that you can do just fine on your own and that you can spend the time of your life outside of his presence.
Blow it on him out of the blue. Just tell him you have a date with your girlfriends this Saturday night and you’re going out to have fun.
Don’t ask him if he’s okay with it, and don’t get hung up on what he has to say.
Wear a bold outfit, go without and post pictures of your night out on all social media.
Don’t leave him with dinner prepared and tell him not to wait.
If he asks any additional questions, don’t give any specific answers. Let him feel uncomfortable, let him panic, and maybe even get a little jealous.
Normally, this is not a good technique. But in this situation, it will be a success if you evoke any emotion, even if it is jealousy.
This means that he still has feelings for you that need to be refreshed.