What does a guy call you and what does it mean? How do you know how a guy feels?
Men often like to call their partners affectionately. They come up with funny and cute nicknames for their beloved, and they do it on an intuitive level.
Of all the different options, he decided to call you exactly sunshine, and not baby, for example. Why? The bottom line is – he likes the sound of the word himself.
Sometimes a man can call you something else. It depends on what mood he is in today and what he wants to convey.
In addition to the semantic meaning, each sound carries a certain impact on a person’s feelings:
- For example, the “F” sound can clearly express wild and burning reactions. It is often used when acutely dissatisfied with something – “Ew.”
- The sound “X”, means a sharp excitement (exclamation “ah”, “oh”).
- And the sound “Sh” on the contrary, mesmerizes and attracts attention. In affectionate nicknames it can be much more frequent than in others. This sound absorbs attention, and forces the detachment from other matters. When silence is needed, “sh!” is pronounced.
- The second most common nickname is the “K” sound. It is often used in the gentle nicknames: Za-ka, baby-ka, lapo-ka. This sound accentuates sensuality, tenderness, care.
- The third is the sound “L”, it is found in affectionate nicknames 50% more often than in others. It means that our emotions overwhelm us, but we are not afraid of it, on the contrary, we open ourselves to them. When we are in a good mood, we sing “La-la-la-la”. and when we’re not happy about something, we say “Shit!”
Listen to what and how your partner says. After all, even the sound of one word can tell a lot about the feelings towards you of your partner.
What does the guy calls you and what does it mean?
Your man often calls you Bunny or kitty? Or maybe just sweetheart or honey? Have you ever wondered what it means?
Psychologists advise to listen to the nickname that gives you your favorite, so he unconsciously expresses to you his attitude. After all, in each nickname lies very interesting and useful information.
Sunny, berry, doll, sweet, candy, cutie. Such nicknames are mostly found in the early stages of the relationship. They show that a man is attracted to you and has boundless tenderness. Falling in love and passion dominates your relationship now. Enjoy the candy and bouquet period.
Kitten, tiger, elephant, squirrel. These appeals show that your chosen one has a playful and affectionate attitude toward you. He is ready to take care of you and give you his warmth and affection.
Beloved, sweetheart, dear, native. This is how men usually call those in whom they are confident, and whom they want to call their wife. They take responsibility for you, and are willing to be with you under any circumstances.
Does your man call you by your first or last name? This means that your man is seeking an equal relationship. In this way, he emphasizes that he values your opinion, and you are a close family member for him. Calls it by your patronymic – the man respects you, but also a share of sarcasm is present in the relationship.
Tiny, baby, baby girl, baby, pussy, little one. When a man calls you that, you can be sure that you are behind him like a stone wall. Such a man is ready to do everything himself, and you are his little miracle, which he adores. But do not get into the role of a babe, because it is much more profitable to become a charming seductress.
Sunshine, a miracle, happiness, gold, joy of mine. These nicknames imply that a man feels very good around you. He experiences the most joyful and positive emotions when you are around. Only sometimes you should add more passionate emotions.
Doughboy, crocodile, crocodile, mousy, teletubby, booger. Your partner feels the utmost intimacy with you, he is inextricably linked to you. He is energetic, does not go around in circles, and does not hold back emotion. The same is demanded of you.
These nicknames tell a lot about the man who uttered them, as well as reveal the true intentions towards you. Listen to them, and draw the right conclusions.
What does your nickname mean?
In order to finally understand the feelings of your partner, consider the following examples of nicknames in more detail:
- Calling by name – he appreciates you as a person, respects and trusts you. But try, however, to bring to your relationship zest and passion.
- Honey, your lover is dreaming to build a happy and long-lasting relationship with you. The influence of his mind is directly proportional to his feelings. He avoids quarrels with you and simply despises scandals and intrigues.
- A princess idolizes you. He can fulfill your every request. Ready to protect you and take tender care of you. Just do not abuse his good attitude.
- My good – thinks you are the best girl. He’s sure of you and he’s grateful for everything.
- Beloved – really loves you. He has the most reverent and sincere feelings for you. But he also wants to receive care, tenderness, affection from you. If you give it to him, your relationship may very soon grow into a strong and happy union.
- Sun means that he has the lightest and tenderest feelings towards you. You are attractive to him like a magnet, so he is very attracted to you.
- Kitty – he loses his head from you, so he wants to get into close contact sooner. He prefers playfulness, carelessness, affection. Seriousness yet avoids.
- My girl – protects you, and already considers you completely his. He is confident in you, and wants you to become confident in him. Completely ready to wrap you with care and attention.
- Hare – wants to play with you, because he loves excitement. But at heart he is quite jealous, and you are always at his close attention.
- Sunny – for him you are a gentle and gentle creature. He protects you and is always interested in you. Continue to give him the brightest and most joyful emotions.
- Babe – completely directs all his attention to you. He is fascinated by you. But he wants to receive the main share of your attention.
- Sweetheart – he cares deeply for you. You’re already part of his family. He trusts you, and thinks you can build a happy future together. Appreciate that attitude.
- Honey – madly values the relationship with you. He feels that you both put a lot into the relationship, and he appreciates it.
- Sweetie – he adores you. His feelings for you are very deep. He is willing to show his concern for you at all times.
- Baby – his attention is focused entirely on you. He’s madly in love with you. And he expects the same return from you.
- Joy is very appreciative of you. You bring him the positive emotions he needs so much. You are the most important person in his life right now.
- Noodle – concentrates on finding full contact with you. But be careful, his feelings may be superficial. In the first place, he has a practical interest.
- Handsome, beautiful – admires your looks. But the danger is that he sees you only external beauty, not internal. Therefore, he may not consider you for further serious relationship.
- Girlfriend – grateful for support and communication. But for him you are more a friend than the girl he loves. Think about it. Perhaps it makes sense to show your femininity, and arrange a couple of gentle romances.
- Kitten feels a close unbreakable connection with you. Does not want to part with you, and intends to show his loyalty and care.
- Sweet – he finds you insanely attractive. But he is a calm and balanced person. Therefore, crazy actions are not for him.
- Child – takes care of you. Thinks you little and defenseless. The main thing is that, at the same time, he feels you, not only a baby, but also a mysterious coquette.
- Candyfloss is very emotional in relation to you. Thinks that you have already conquered.
- Lapulka – he is ready for a lot of things for you. He is quite active and can take bold actions. Use them for good.
- Doll, doll – you are very fond of. But perhaps only outwardly you are attracted to the chosen one. Think about it, and try to become his friend.
- Fish – treat you in a business-like manner. Romance is not the first place in your relationship. Perhaps a couple of sensual romantic evenings will help you.
- Tigger – your partner highlights your independence. He respects you and is ready for equality. But sometimes, try to show your femininity as well, so as not to become just a partner for him. Harmful, harmful – likes to play with you. Ready to forgive your pranks. He himself is mischievous and fun, so he likes your caprices and games, the main thing – do not overdo it.
Pay attention to how you call your lover. Interpret correctly his words and the message. Thus, you will become better able to understand what your partner feels at the moment, and will be able to significantly improve the relationship and send them in the right direction.
The meaning of affectionate nicknames that your partner calls you
Why do people in love often come up with intimate nicknames, their language and their names for each other? So what do they mean? Psychologists say that even the sound alone can tell a lot about the real feelings for you man. Where do such nicknames come from?
There are two reasons for the emergence of such lovemaking: giving your relationship a unique character and appeal to the inner child. We unconsciously make up affectionate nicknames, but almost every one of them has a secret meaning.
© cokacoka / Getty Images
The more fun and affectionate words appear in the lovers’ speech, the more sincere and deeper their relationship becomes. When love leaves a relationship, that’s also when partners forget what they once called each other. If the relationship turns into a formality, then the lexicon of the couple is also left with one formal nickname, for example, fish. The creativity ends, but if it continues, it indicates that the relationship continues to evolve.
Let’s talk a little about sounds.
The sound “Sh” in the nickname can be found quite often, because it attracts attention. Psychologists call this effect of the effect of hissing sounds on the psyche the white noise effect. Such a sound completely captures the listener’s attention, distracting him from everything else. For example, when a person demands silence, they say “sh-sh-sh”.
© DAPA Images
The “L” sound in the nickname is the most common sound. With it, a person expresses a high degree of emotionality. A person in a good mood hums “la-la-la” or may say “f-ck” when emotion breaks out. Already the intonation determines whether bad or good emotions are tearing out.
The “K” sound is also quite common in nicknames. It can be found in the diminutive words that we call our loved ones: darling, fish, zayKa, etc. It is also used to express ideas of simplicity, intimacy and lightness.
© Edward Olive
The F sound in a nickname can also express a strong reaction. As a rule, words with this sound indicate serious dissatisfaction (e.g., “ew!”). This sound is three times less common in affectionate nicknames than in normal speech.
The “X” sound is also very rarely found in nicknames. When found in words, it indicates sudden excitement and excitement.
It is important to note that when we choose an affectionate nickname for a loved one, we do so without thinking. With the help of our subconscious, we choose just those words, the sound of which most accurately reflects our desires and feelings.
The meaning of affectionate nicknames
What are some affectionate nicknames?
© Dzhulbee / Getty Images
Such nicknames are quite common. Just look at the word “lovebirds,” which is a nickname given to a couple in love. Often people even compete in zoology, going through all the animals, ranging from hens and fish and ending with hippos and piglets.
There is, of course, a hugeness factor here, as the critters and birds are mostly fluffy and cute. However, the hugging here is not quite simple, because the animal world can be quite unpredictable and dangerous: for example, a tiger cub can show its teeth, and a bird can fly out of its cage.
Also common nicknames on the names of exotic animals, such as hamsters or duckbills. Such nicknames indicate not only the presence of romantic feelings. A partner in such a way shows and friendly emotions towards his loved one. However, do not be too fond of these words, as they imperceptibly sweep passion out of the relationship.
Nicknames from the category of “kindergarten.”
© DAPA Images
Among such nicknames are such as babe, baby, babe, etc. Children are beautiful and adorable creatures. Here we want to show our loved one that we want to take care of them and smother them in our arms. However, at the same time we unconsciously make it clear who is the boss in the house, grudgingly supporting the infantile in his partner.
Nicknames from the category of “toy department”.
© Lisa5201 / Getty Images
The most common members of this department are pups and dolls. They are very beautiful, maybe even real works of art, however, are they alive enough for their “owners”? Think about what we usually do with beautiful toys? We dress them up in pretty clothes, put them on a shelf, and admire them.
So if the suitor says that you are a doll, you can not be surprised that he needs from you only a decorative function, because people around him should see what a beautiful baby he found himself. In fairness it should be noted that many women are satisfied with such a role, because the dolls are buying a very nice house and dress.
A caressing word
Nicknames from the category of “movable property.”
© Willbrasil21 / Getty Images
Do you think there’s a difference between the phrases, “you’re my pretty girl” and “you’re beautiful”? Of course there is. The first option sounds deeper and more heartfelt, but it has a slight hint of ownership. So it is possible that one day the man who thinks you are “his”, with all the rigor in his voice wondering what you did from 15.15 to 15.45.
Nicknames in the “celestial luminaries” category
There’s no variety here, just suns and stars. What do they conjure up? Light and warmth. If a loved one calls you that, it means he feels good and comfortable with you. But there is one “but”. The Luminaries are located quite far from our planet, so the adoration on his part will likely be somewhat contemplative and distant. It is difficult to wait for decisive actions from such a person.
Now decipher the meaning of each particular nickname. Do not take the meanings seriously, just take note and do not forget that in every joke there is a fraction of a joke.
© adamico70 / Getty Images
Baby – your true feelings aren’t particularly interested in your partner, even though he or she is courting you.
Stupid, Scarecrow – your partner is willing to forgive your shortcomings, he treats you with humor, considers you his and wants to dominate the relationship.
Behemoth – your relationship is in the love-friendship stage. Your partner has very warm feelings for you and respects your autonomy.
Bun and other edible things – your partner perceives you as his property, appreciates your sexuality and spontaneity.
Baby – you have a very concrete partner who doesn’t like to complicate things.
Darling, dear – the person values stability, certainty and constancy in a relationship. Feelings are of the second place for him, because he is unemotional.
© Latino Life
Fool, fool – your partner is ready to take control of the situation and forgive you for your mistakes.
Hedgehog, hedgehog – such a person values your relationship very much, it means a lot to him. He often is not restrained, he is very afraid of losing you in his heart.
Toad – your loved one is assertive, playful and energetic, but deep down he really cares about your relationship.
My life is a rather pathetic nickname that betrays in your partner a tendency to overdo it. Try very carefully to ask him if he has another “life” on the side.
© AlexBrylov / Getty Images
Bunny, bunny, bunny, bunny – your significant other is quite jealous, gambling, he likes to play with you, watching, while watching your reaction.
Goldie, darling, gold – your partner values your relationship, he is guided by reason and not by feelings.
Pussy, pussy and derivatives: Such a person sees his partner as a sexual object in the first place. He does not want to complicate anything and is set up for close contact.
What do affectionate nicknames mean
© Vikitora / Getty Images
Goat, goat – the partner feels complete intimacy with you. You are the closest person to him, he jokes at you very often.
Candy – your partner has long considered you to be property. Careful!
Kitty, kitten, kitty – your partner feels that the connection with you is unbreakable. He is trying to convince you of his loyalty and wants you to believe him.
Kitty, cat, kitty – your partner sees you as fickle, cunning and sexy.
Crocodile – you have a very emotional partner who takes the lead in the relationship.
© fotoedu / Getty Images
Crocodile – your significant other is willing to forgive you anything, while being nagging, intemperate, but can’t hold grudges for long.
Dolly, doll – your partner is fond of you, but does not take your relationship seriously.
Paw, paw, paw – you have an energetic partner who appreciates your relationship, as well as ready to live and work for you.
Swallow – your partner trusts you 100 percent, confident in the feelings you have for each other.
Foxy, Foxy, Foxy – your partner’s attention is focused only on you, he expects the same from you.
© kparis / Getty Images
Beloved, beloved, love – such a partner is somewhat intemperate, emotional, but also ready to act decisively and assertively.
Lyalik, lalya – this is a very emotional partner who often has no control over his feelings, both good and bad.
Little, masik, little, masya – your partner’s feelings are very deep, he wants to take care of you and take care of you.
Macaca, monkey, monkey girl – your partner’s feelings towards you are immense. Your relationship is very trusting, with a friendly irony. Partner considers you his own person, he wants to be a leader in the relationship, especially if that nickname adds “my.
Baby, baby – your loved one has a passion for you and at the same time, warm and reverent feelings. He or she expects the same from you.
© Eugenio Marongiu
A bear cub – you are a very cautious man, who prefers to always weigh the pros and cons carefully before taking a responsible decision. He is afraid of losing you and values your relationship.
Sweet, sweet – the person is very attached to you, loves you with his mind and heart.
Musya, mula, mushipusechka – your partner’s feelings are very stormy, there is both love and passion.
Mousey, mousey – the feelings of this person are far beyond, even if you can’t tell that by his behavior. At times, the partner can be too hot-tempered, but your relationship is very important to him, he appreciates you.
Mother, Mom, Daddy, Daddy – the man sees you as a parent and expects your patronage, care.
My, my – the partner considers you his property, he is ready to give and care.
Affectionate nicknames for loved ones
© D4Fish / Getty Images
Pampushka – deep down, your man worries that you don’t feel the same way he does, your partner craves displays of your love.
Kinship, sweetheart, soulmate – this is a strong affection, deep feelings.
Donut – your man is worried that you will like someone else, so in every way tries to attract your attention.
The person is addicted to family life, he is fascinated by it.
This person, in any way, wants to become close to you, call your attention, but, as a rule, behind all this there is not so much feelings as practical interest.
Fish, fish – in your pair your partner does not care about feelings, or rather they are not in the first place. He cares more about practical interest, maybe even practical calculation.
Piggy, piggy, piggy – your partner actively appeals to you for a dialogue and agrees to take the situation into the own hands.
Sweet, sweet – your loved one is calm, balanced and confident. However, he tries to look more emotional than he really is.
Elephant, elephant boy – the person is focused exclusively on you, he is incredibly attached to you and expects reciprocity from you.
Sunshine, sunshine, sunshine – they have tender and warm feelings for you.
Tiger cub, tiger – your partner is very important equality in the relationship. He respects you very much, despite the fact that he likes to tease you.
Tiger, tiger, lion, lioness – the person respects you very much, has passionate feelings for you and appreciates your union.
Hamster – you have a very emotional partner, who makes decisions easily and also changes them easily.
© sunemotion / Getty Images
Chick, chicken – the person wants to get close to you, but they are not completely confident in your relationship.
Monster, miracle – thus the person actively demands that you begin to show your feelings and pay more attention to him.
Shmusik, chvyrchik, llyabrik – the partner speaks of the uniqueness of your relationship, he is gentle and open in love.
Chocolate – your loved one offers you easy and simple solutions, but you take all of his attention, and deep down he expects the same from you.
Berry – you have an energetic partner, he is confident and appreciates the fact that he is independent. For him, feelings take second place.
© purple_queue / Getty Images
Different derivatives of the name, surname or patronymic (Petrovna, Ivanovich) – your partner treats you in a friendly and ironic way, there is very little sexuality and tenderness in this relationship.
Many couples do not like to use doll and animal names, they use the name of a person, but with diminutive suffixes. Variations are also possible here.
© -Momotyuk / Getty Images
Suffixes “-echka” and “-ochka” (Irochka, Vanechka) are attached not only to the names of close people, but also, in fact, to the names of strangers, colleagues, acquaintances. These suffixes indicate the presence of positive feelings towards the person, or simply the presence of a good mood of the speaker.
“-inka”, “-enka” (Vasenka, Mashenka) appear when a person wants to warm, take care and comfort.
“-usha”, “-yusha” (Nadyusha, Maxusha) are slightly more impulsive than the previous ones, they show the momentary joy of the person who saw or heard you.
“-yushka”, “-ushka” (Artyomushka, Tanyushka) are also said by people when they want to take care, but not in words, but in deeds.