How to suggest to a man the necessary ideas
– once sang the heroine of Irina Muravyeva in the movie “Carnival”, trying to “command” with the power of thought the man who once loved her to open his heart to her again. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately, on the contrary), it is impossible to impose love. The heart cannot be commanded. But to inspire a person to think that you are pleasant to him, that you are comfortable and interesting – it is quite an achievable task, which will help to implement a knowledge of psychology, in particular, the techniques of hypnosis used by NLP and other practices.
How to compel a person to do something? Let us try to trace the chain of necessary actions on concrete examples and exercises.
What is suggestion
Psychologists assure that almost all human actions are dictated by suggestion. In childhood, a person is guided by parents, investing in the subconscious certain principles, goals, rules of conduct.
As growing up in the forefront of self-motivation: a person is already able to motivate himself. However, the role of the environment is still significant.
Science has proved: it is possible to suggest something to an individual only when critical thinking is reduced. It is easier to make the interlocutor to agree with your position if he:
- frightened, depressed;
- Is not able to think logically at the moment;
- feels insecure.
In psychology, there is a special term – suggestion. It is understood as influence on human consciousness, aimed at changing the nature of his thoughts and actions in the way the suggestor, i.e. the one who compels, wants.
In order to solve this problem, various methods are used, some of which belong to the verbal (words, speech), some to the non-verbal (mimicry, gestures, intonation). How to inspire the person you want to think? Let’s say at once: it is not always possible. There are people who are easy to influence from the outside, and then there are those for whom something to suggest is not easy. Usually they are leaders, who themselves have the ability and desire to bend others to their will.
Types of suggestion
Do you think how to suggest something to a significant for you person, for example, to your boss – the desire to raise your salary, to your beloved – the thought that it would be time to make you a proposal, to your parents – the fact that you have already grown up and do not need their constant care? Then it is worth understanding the varieties of suggestion, so that you can work on the analysis of the personality of the suggestible and choose the method of suggestion that is optimal.
The methods of implementation divide suggestion into direct and indirect. The first method consists in the direct transmission to the suggestible of words and thoughts which should influence his behavior. The second method is the transmission of concealed, “veiled” information.
There are different ways to carry out suggestion. There are, for example, hypnosis techniques when a person is put into a trance and during his stay in such a hazy state, the subconscious is affected. It is possible to hypnotize a person both with his consent and without it. However, not all people succumb to hypnosis, but only those who are malleable and suggestible.
Not everyone is capable of mastering hypnosis techniques to perfection. The possession of a special talent is required. Of course, it is possible to successfully hypnotize using various drugs, but these are very dangerous experiments that can lead to terrible consequences, up to the destruction of personality.
In sleep and in the so called “sleepwalking” state, a person is more easily indoctrinated, since he is relaxed, the protective barriers are removed. This is why it is often advised to learn foreign languages by memorizing new words before going to sleep, when logic is already turned off, but the imagination is active. Thought images are easily imprinted, in the morning such a student easily recalls everything read the day before.
This method is also used by some masseurs when teaching new techniques to their students. They practice classes in the evenings, when fatigue sets in, the consciousness is in a “doze”, but the new techniques are quickly learned, because the student’s hands automatically repeat the movements following the teacher’s hands.
Who may be indoctrinated and who may not
Strictly speaking, if a superhepherd has a great talent and skill, almost any person becomes a superhepherd, that is, an object of suggestion, but everyone is susceptible to suggestibility to a different degree. The easiest person to work with
- who has low self-esteem, who has a fear of being judged by others;
- who has a tendency to be subordinate in character, a slave;
- with high emotionality, lability of the nervous system;
- not having strictly logical thinking.
To understand what kind of person in front of you, you need to conduct a series of psychological tests. Sometimes such a person can be seen even without testing by the peculiarities of behavior. He sits on the edge of his chair, does not hurry to express his opinion, nervous when talking, tends to take a conciliatory position. Most often it is a melancholic – a person with a weak nervous system and a pessimistic outlook on life.
Potential leaders, strong personalities, among which predominate choleric and sanguine, rarely succumb to suggestion. They are characterized by self-confidence and the ability to defend their position. However, under certain conditions, they can also work.
Hypnosis is difficult to implement, requires a long special training. If you were born without this gift, it takes a long time to master it. But the other techniques of suggestion are not difficult to learn and try to apply.
The following methods of influence may be used:
- denials in command;
- truisms and acceptance sequences.
To make a presupposition means to construct a phrase so that there is no doubt that the suggestible will perform the action desired by the suggestor; the freedom of choice lies only in the way in which he will perform it. All parents of small children are familiar with this technique. When a mother wants her baby to eat the unloved semolina, she asks: “Will you eat the porridge with or without raisins?” By that she is suggesting to the child that he will eat the porridge in any case, but he is only offered to choose which of the options is better.
Denials in the command are based on the fact that our unconscious mind hardly perceives the particle “not”, it removes it, prefers not to “hear” it. By saying to a subordinate at work, “Until you hand in this report, you are not going home,” the boss is suggesting that the report must be handed in, no matter what happens.
Truisms are statements that fully correspond to reality: “It’s raining”, “On Friday after work we traditionally drink wine”, “Women love with their ears, and men with their eyes”. After such a statement may be followed by another, possibly dubious, but the brain, already configured to accept the first, most likely, without interference “absorb” the second – automatically: “Women love with their ears, and men with their eyes, but still, honey, I will walk home in a terrible robe and you will not stop liking me.
How to inspire love in a man
Well, here we get to the fun part. How to indoctrinate a man that he loves you? Is it possible? Let’s say at once: to inspire a burning love, if there is no reciprocal impulse, it is practically impossible. If you have such a desire, visit some fortune-teller, who will conjure up the aura of your “object” by photo and, by throwing magic herbs into a pot with boiling water, will love him. In this case, by the way, she will not forget to inspire you that you must part with a certain sum of money, and you will submit to this inspiration unnoticed.
If you want to please the person, to make a good impression on him, it is quite possible. To do this, observe who your attention is directed to, about whom you think with undying interest. What is he like by character? What kind of people he likes? What ideas does he express? Does he listen to the opinion of others, or decides everything himself?
Your task is to learn as much as possible about a person’s disposition and preferences. Try to be closer to him mentally: think of him at a distance, send him mental messages of positive energy. If the person already has interest in you, you should have a feeling of sympathy for him or her. For this purpose, on your part, a feeling of sympathy and openness is necessary. The object of suggestion should feel a wave of good energy, positive, which are coming from you in the direction of it. When you meet him, smile lightheartedly. Let your eyes shine, don’t hide them, and don’t avert them. Share your good spirits, show that the person is pleasant to you.
When talking try to step over the line that separates his personal boundaries: come closer, touch the shoulder a little. When talking, bend your body toward the other person, turn your knees and feet toward him or her. This is recorded by the subconscious as a manifestation of sincere interest. Try the method of mirroring: during a conversation unobtrusively repeat the gestures of the interlocutor, only so that it looks natural and unnoticeable.
In the evening, going to bed, create a mental image of the person who captured your imagination, relax, and “build” a bridge between you and him. Let your love, your dreams and desires pass to him on this bridge.
It’s not an easy task, but it’s doable. Training and exercises will help you to master the techniques of suggestion. However, before applying them in practice, think carefully: do you really need it? If you will develop, read a lot, learn, strive to learn new things, you will soon become a leader, and people will follow you. And do not need any hypnosis.
Suggestion: what is it in psychology, methods, techniques, means and techniques of persuasion
According to the official definition, the method of suggestion in psychology is a method of psychological pressure on a person, in which there is an uncritical perception of his beliefs and attitudes, which allows to include in his consciousness someone else’s thoughts, ideas, attitudes, emotions, feelings during communication. In scientific language this mechanism is called suggestion. And the one who uses it is called a suggestor. The technique is in demand in the field of psychiatry.
This technique is a specially formed verbal (in some cases, also emotional) constructions. It uses verbal and nonverbal methods of influence. Often the one being influenced does not even realize it.
The experts at School of NonNumerology will analyze your basic aspects of personality and tell you what strategies for success to follow in different areas of life.
What affects effectiveness
The expression of the effect of suggestion depends on certain factors:
- Prejudice. The problem itself and its solution, which already exists in the subconsciousness of the suggestible object, are formulated. The suggestor needs to change his view of the situation.
- Favors. The expert has to cause sympathy by appearance, professionalism, behavior.
- A message. It has to be convincing. Different arguments are brought in, as well as bright images, the task of which is to concentrate attention on the subject of discussion, the competent arrangement of accents.
- Emotions. Phrases coming from the manipulator should “touch the soul. Then they will be more effective compared to the dry facts.
Pay attention! The method of persuasion and suggestion are different examples of methods of interaction on the person. In the first case, the suggestor appeals to the mind. That is, the one who is in the doctor’s chair, comprehends the information received, based on previous experience, builds logical chains. The second manipulation targets the subconscious, bypassing the rational aspect.
This impact can be divided into the following varieties:
- Verbal. Everything happens at the expense of words.
- Nonverbal. A specialist does not use speech, his influence is exerted with the help of gestures, looks and other things.
It is also possible to classify it:
- Intentional. The practitioner acts purposefully. That is, he knows who and what information needs to be compelled, and he is trying to achieve it in every way.
- Unintentional. The manipulator does not pursue any goals, does not make any effort to achieve them. This technique will only produce results if the person is internally disposed to the indoctrinated words.
According to the delivered information, the influence (suggestion) is divided into two types: positive and negative. When the first version is used in psychology and psychiatry, the specialist tries to achieve positive changes in behavior, qualities and emotions. In the second case, negative states, properties, moods appear after the influence.
By this is meant the compulsion to certain actions in a rigid form. If the set conditions are not met, it will lead to deplorable measures.
This option is usually resorted to when a misdemeanor is committed. The suggestor should be more influential and authoritative, higher in rank and position (for example, the immediate supervisor, if we are talking about a company). Threats, blackmail, moral pressure and other similar tools are used as means, basic methods and psychological techniques of suggestion in psychology.
Changes the course of thought. In parallel, feelings and other behaviors change. Usually the person does not notice the effect. This technique is most often found in psychiatric practice for the treatment of mental and bodily illnesses.
It is customary to divide this type into the following types:
- Alien (autosuggestion);
In the first case, suggestion is made from outside. In the second, self-suggestion occurs.
As is clear from the name, this type is based on the power of words. Let us consider its subtypes:
- Direct. The intent of the suggestor is understood. It is uttered, after which it is carried out.
- Indirect. The tasks of the manipulator are not clear to the object, which may not be manipulated.
- Open. A choice of different scenarios is provided. There are 3 subforms: mobilizing, limited, therapeutic metaphor.
- Concealed. This is the introduction of a variety of veiled commands into speech. They are inserted into the extensive context of the text.
The art of suggestion is used in therapy, business, advertising, everyday life, and so on.
Influence is rendered without words, based on other tools. For example, on intonation, gestures, gaze, manipulation of objects. Let’s look at the main subtypes:
- Catalepsy. Both the entire body and its parts can be involved. The object assumes a certain imposed position. It is not often recommended to resort to this technique.
- Pauses placed in the right places. These intervals of silence the listener fills with his own decisions. They allow the main idea of a single sentence or the whole text to stand out.
- Levitation, which does not require physical action. It is based on the imagination of the suggestible person. Suitable for self-induced suggestion. Thus, the suggestor teaches how to do it, and the person can later resort to the technique independently.
Note! Non-verbal influence is applied either consciously or not.
The latent mechanism of suggestion
It is accepted to distinguish several sub-forms:
- Through speech strategies. Instructions for the actions the manipulator wants to achieve are hidden in the structure of the sentence.
- With veiled quotations. The story is told from another person, but the subject is aware that the appeal is aimed specifically at him or her.
- Through marking. The part of the text in which the command is contained is highlighted. The nonverbal tools described earlier are used.
- By means of the creation of a thought form. Thoughts are introduced into the subconscious which begin to guide it. An example of such a mechanism of suggestion in psychology can be a statement voiced in a confident voice, which begins to develop in the head, on the basis of which the reasoning is directed in the necessary direction.
The human psyche is arranged in such a way that with a hidden influence, the person being indoctrinated makes conclusions on a subconscious level himself. This relies on the level of his intellect, education, life experience and other factors.
Influence in a dream
This technique has several stages:
- Tuning into the sleeper. The practitioner sits down at your headboard and touches your finger or puts his palm on your forehead. For 2-3 minutes, in a quiet and quiet voice, the phrase: “Sleep is getting deeper.
- Contact check. Speech speeds up, then slows down. If the rhythm of breathing also changes, then the connection is established.
- Induction. Pronunciation of what they want to convey to the person.
- Oblivion command. It is possible to say that everything that was said during sleep will be forgotten upon awakening. But in the memory remains what was compelled.
This technique is similar to hypnosis. The subject does not realize that he is being told something. Everything is perceived as one’s own thought. The session is conducted in the first 15-45 minutes after falling asleep, or in the morning 1-2 hours before waking up.
Exposure while awake
Certain rules must be observed:
- Speech is confident, the suggestor fully believes his own speech.
- Words are pronounced loudly, clearly, and distinctly.
- Visual communication must be established during the manipulation.
- The manipulator should be relaxed before the procedure, relieving himself of psychological overstrain beforehand.
- Before the action, be sure to enter into emotional contact with the person being manipulated.
- It is best if the person will be in a light trance state.
- It is necessary to give in advance the installation of the final result (what comes out of it, how and why).
Pay attention! If desired, the session can also be done during activity, not necessarily in a trance state.
Comes in several subspecies:
- Explicit. The objective to be achieved is explained in detail.
- Disguised. Directly the intentions are not voiced.
- Posthypnotic. Used when it is necessary to introduce the person into self-hypnosis or to remove from his or her memory negative memories that traumatize the psyche. The technique allows one to be programmed for certain actions to be performed after coming out of hypnosis.
The plan is voiced accurately and cannot be interpreted or misunderstood in any way.
The art of suggestion by photograph
This is an unscientific technique of mental suggestion that is conducted at a distance from the person. The suggestor imagines the object in his mind and holds this image for a long period of time.
To facilitate the task, a photo is taken. Then there is no need to retain the visual image. Because of this, the effect is more pronounced.
The practitioner sits down, relaxes, and enters a light trance. He then focuses his gaze on the photograph and begins to say out loud the necessary attitude many times. This is done as confidently as possible, casting aside all doubts. However, there are few followers of this technique, since it has no scientific proof.
Techniques of suggestion in business communication
Influence occurs with the help of authoritative influence, which must possess the one who delivers the information. This technique is used in negotiations and stressful situations. It is conducted in a categorical form, using moral pressure. Therefore, a person capable of being compelled never thinks about what is being said, never carries out a logical analysis, and blindly executes what is being said.
What does the degree of suggestibility depend on?
This feature is enhanced by the following factors:
- Inferiority complex;
- low self-esteem;
- heightened emotionality and impressionability;
- an inability to think logically and rationally.
It can also increase when in certain situations. For example, being under stress or hypnosis, time pressure, overwork, group pressure, and uncertainty.
Suggestibility is more characteristic of preschoolers and the elderly. In adults, it increases during periods of illness.
Forms of suggestion
Let us consider the most common options.
This is a psychological impact on oneself. It allows one to become more confident and cope with depression and fears. But note that it can be both useful and dangerous. A man may inspire himself and negative attitudes. For example, that he is not capable of anything and so on.
The basis is the principle of the opposite effect. The emphasis is on one bad phenomenon or object to show that there are those who are much better.
Here’s an example. Most people are convinced that complete families are better off than incomplete ones. Although no specialist has told us this directly. Sociologists simply tell us how children grow up in both cases. Based on this information, we draw our own conclusions. But this is just a stereotype.
Power of suggestion.
Everything hinges on the authority, status, position, and prestige of the one who compels us to do something. For example, the relationship between an adult and a child. Young children adopt the habits, the manner of behavior from their elders. Parents give them different knowledge and ideas about life.
Here the principle “What will others say and think?” comes into play. A person for whom public opinion is important is always subject to the laws of the crowd. Moreover, what is characteristic of a certain social group will eventually pass on to the one who has recently joined it. A striking example of this, coming to a new team at work. Many new employees begin to adjust to others.
Mechanism of suggestion
To achieve the desired result, it is necessary to influence the human subconscious. Various methods disable conscious processes in the head, which are responsible for logical and rational understanding of the situation. At the same time, the emotional aspect becomes actively involved.
A person automatically accepts a phrase spoken convincingly several times as the truth. It penetrates his thoughts and remains there forever, even if the subject has forgotten that the command was instilled in him. The change in his behavior does not have to be instantaneous. It may take a certain amount of time.
Neurophysiologists explain this mechanism as follows: with his speech, the suggestor influences the cerebral cortex, causing irritation. This provokes emotions because of the stimulation of subcortical areas. The negative induction resulting from the low resistance of consciousness is transmitted to all brain areas. Therefore, the message becomes restricted from other influences. The object obeys it. A new persistent dominant arousal emerges, which is reflected in the behavior of the individual.
Induction and hypnosis
These are two different concepts. A hypnotic session is conducted in a highly altered state of subconsciousness. The first type of manipulation involves only a light trance or is performed while active. The correlation is that the second is performed to induce certain attitudes.
Positive and negative attitudes
In these cases, different tools will be used. That is, positive and negative phrases, statements and commands. The first option will sound approximately as follows: “Be truthful, that’s what good and honest people do!”
An example of the negative: “Don’t lie! Everybody hates liars!”. Psychologists argue that the 2nd type does more evil than good, because it works completely wrong.
Let’s consider positive suggestion on the example of raising a child. When it is applied, it will be possible to achieve the following:
- He will understand what you can do and what you cannot do and why.
- He will know how to behave in this or that situation.
If you just say, “Don’t smoke!” – it’s not saying anything. That is there will be no awareness of why you shouldn’t do this. And if you say the phrase: “Sport is good! Much better than smoking! Athletes therefore have no bad habits!” – it will give the desired result.
With the help of psychological influence it is possible to cure many diseases and pathological conditions:
- Neuroses of various pathogenesis, aggression and other psycho-emotional disorders.
- Internal illnesses, especially those of a psychosomatic nature.
- Oncology in its early stages.
- All kinds of addictions.
- Bad habits (for example, nail biting).
In addition, it allows you to correct undesirable behaviors. For example, it helps to get rid of excessive laziness, unwillingness to study and so on.
How to achieve greater effectiveness from the session
In order for the technique of persuasion and suggestion in psychology to be more effective, certain rules are observed:
- The subject must be in a state in which he loses the ability to think rationally about information.
- The suggestor himself or herself believes in what he or she is saying.
- It is forbidden to feel dissatisfaction with oneself and one’s actions.
- One must keep all promises made.
It is important to train and hone the skill. Only then will it be possible to become a professional.
We have told you what the word suggestion means, how such a concept can be explained in terms of psychology. The technique is very effective, so it is used in various spheres. However, to achieve the desired result, you need to clearly understand the mechanism, follow all the rules. If you want to master the unique method of static psychoanalysis – sign up for training at the school of non-numerology. You will get a tool for achieving goals, you will be able to understand yourself and others.