200 topics that you can chat with a guy
A day without a book is a bad day. Experienced editor, ruthless but fair critic.
Expert – Margarita Lopukhova.
Family psychologist. For eight years I have been saving “family units” from disintegration. I help couples regain love and understanding.
Women’s sex, in contrast to the representatives of the stronger half of mankind, is known for its passion for talking. Here’s just one thing – to babble on and on with your best friend or old friend, and quite another when it comes to unfamiliar guy. Who, on top of everything else, causes sympathy and the most affectionate feelings.
Here and the words begin to get confused and the topic of conversation instantly vanish. Avoid difficulties in communicating with the opposite sex and lay a solid foundation for future relationships will help this material. Carefully study the approximate topics for conversation with the guy and move on to decisive action!
However, before you start talking to your boyfriend, read a few rules that will make sure that your conversation will be memorable and will cause only pleasant emotions.
- Guys need to communicate just as much as girls (and sometimes even more). So just stand in silence, covering the languid look with long eyelashes – not an option!
- Always start a conversation with a neutral topic, especially if the conversation began for the first time. Later on in the conversation you will see how the young person reacts to certain words, and you will learn what he is interested in, and what topics are taboo.
- Do not change the subject abruptly. This will not cause your interlocutor anything but irritation, and it is likely that he will hurry to retreat as soon as possible.
- Do not talk about what you do not know. Even if your interlocutor is an avid fisherman with an amazing smile, and you have no idea what is the difference between crucian carp and carp. Believe me, in this situation the lie will not add you charm, but on the contrary, it will instantly put you in an awkward position.
- Swear words and slang expressions do not beautify anybody. And especially not the fair sex!
- Show sincere interest in the interlocutor and in communicating with him.
200 topics for conversation with the guy
- Do you have a favorite hobby? Why this one?
- What genres of movies do you prefer to watch at your leisure?
- Are there any relationship taboos for you?
- Have you ever had a dream? Tell us more.
- What does your mood depend on? Is it easy to ruin it?
- Tell me about your family. What are you like?
- What did you want to be as a kid?
- Do you always achieve your goals?
- Do you like sports? What kinds of sports do you prefer?
- Do you like speed? Do you drive a car?
- What can make you lose your temper in a flash? How hot-tempered are you?
- Do you believe in love at first sight? Have these things ever happened to you?
- How gambling are you? Would you bet everything?
- What are your favorite computer games to play?
- What’s your favorite food? Can you cook it?
- What feminine flaws would you put up with under any circumstances?
- What is your most powerful childhood memory?
- Do you fall asleep quickly, or do you prefer to analyze the events of the day?
- What time of year do you like most of all? Why?
- If you could move anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- What games did you play most often as a child? Were you a naughty tomboy or an obedient child?
- If by some fluke you were fortunate enough to have any superpower, what would it be?
- Is there anything that you are very afraid of? Tell us about your phobias.
- What would you never dare to do, even for a huge reward?
- Name five things you have done that you are infinitely proud of.
- How do you behave in conflict situations? Do you believe that everything can be solved by force?
- Is there anything you’d like to change in your life? What do you regret the most?
- Do you have an idol? Who do you try to look up to?
- Do you believe in otherworldly powers and magic?
- What do you mean by “love”?
- What was the first thing you did when you were in a woman’s body?
- What have you never done in your life, but would love to try?
- Are you guided by your heart or your mind when making important decisions?
- In hindsight, what valuable advice would you give to yourself?
- Would you be able to live for a while on a desert island?
- What kind of music do you prefer to listen to?
- How do you feel about “salvation” lies?
- What song do you sing most often at karaoke?
- Tell us about the craziest thing you’ve ever done.
- Have you ever beaten the girl off your best friend?
- Do you think men shouldn’t show tears?
- Do you love children?
- Do you have a favorite hobby and why has it become one?
- Do you love to travel? What is your most memorable trip and where do you want to go next time?
- What is your favorite food? Can you cook it? What is your favorite food in the world?
- What do you want to do in the future? (Open your own business, change jobs, etc.).
- How do you feel about children? Do you want them in the future?
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- How do you like to rest after a hard day?
- Do you like to spend time on the Internet? What do you do there?
- What are your goals for the near future?
- Are you achieving your goals and what are you doing to achieve them?
- What are your favorite movies? (genres, titles).
- What kind of music do you prefer? (Artists, song titles).
- What do you see the meaning of life in?
- What is the most important thing in life for you?
- How do you like to celebrate holidays? In a quiet family circle or in a noisy company?
- How hot-tempered are you? What can make you lose your temper?
- Did you go to any clubs as a child?
- Ask about family: Who are you most like? Who do you get along with best?
- What is unforgivable for you in a relationship?
- What do you think about love at first sight? Has it ever happened in your life?
- Where would you like to go at this point?
- How do you feel about marriage? After what length of time in a relationship is it acceptable to get married?
- Are there things you can’t forgive yourself for?
- Talk about attitudes toward sports and healthy living.
- What time of year do you prefer and why?
- Would you be able to date long distance?
- Talk about your favorite sexual positions.
- Do you have dreams you believe in?
- Do you believe in omens and predictions?
- What kind of child were you as a child? Obedient or troublemaker?
- What superpower would you like to have?
- What is the most reckless thing you’ve ever done for a woman?
- Do you believe in friendship between a man and a woman?
- Do you think there is a perfect match for every person in this world?
- How do you feel about online dating?
- Do you believe in destiny and that it is predetermined?
- What is the most important life lesson you have learned?
- If you had a million dollars, what would you spend it on?
- Do you like it when girls take the initiative?
- Do you have any phobias? What were you afraid of before and why?
- How many times in your life have you truly loved? What do you mean by that?
- Are you difficult to change your mind about something?
- Do you ever have doubts about your feelings?
- What type of women are you most attracted to and why?
- What have you never tried, but would love to?
- If you were a woman, what would be the first thing you do?
- Have you ever gone on a blind date? How did it end?
- Could you forgive a friend or girlfriend’s betrayal, as long as he/she was very remorseful?
- Do you have that person that you always look up to?
- If you could go back in time, what advice would you give yourself?
Taboo topics when talking to a guy
Although guys are more loyal and open-minded, it’s best to avoid the following topics when talking to them:
- Financial issues. Namely, you should not ask about the size of his salary, bonus and stash that is kept in an old book;
- Reasons for breaking up with an ex-girlfriend. Especially if the breakup happened very recently, because any mention of an ex – will sharpen his wounded soul;
- Religious issues that may offend the young man;
- Political views. After all, they may cardinally differ from yours. And then a nice conversation can easily turn into a heated argument.
- Try to avoid direct examination questions. If a guy casually mentioned that he knows German, do not pester him with requests to instantly translate the latest masterpiece of Rammstein.
In fact, there are a huge number of topics you can use when talking to a guy. Do not be afraid to ask unusual and somewhat provocative questions. So you’ll be able to get to know your conversation partner better, which will help you get closer.
What to talk about with a guy in correspondence and on the phone – TOP-50 ideas
A relationship starts with communication. And a good relationship starts with interesting communication. If there is a mutual interest between a guy and a girl, then the topics of conversation, as a rule, find themselves. But there are days when your head simply does not work, but to communicate at the same time I really want to.
Do not get upset: having in your arsenal of questions for discussion, you will never seem like a boring conversationalist.
A few rules for the conversation
Before you start communicating, you should know what it is better not to do. Otherwise, the relationship will simply end without starting.
You don’t need to violate a guy’s personal boundaries and make him feel like he’s being interrogated.
A few things to consider:
- Avoid topics you don’t know about at all so you don’t sound stupid;
- Don’t interrupt your interlocutor, let him speak his mind to the end;
- Be flexible. Being categorical in some questions can really interfere;
- Don’t stamp questions through every message. Try to discuss, then move on to the next one;
- Don’t expect a momentary response to your messages. Give the guy time;
- If your communication has just begun, you don’t need to rush to load him up with your problems and complain;
- Don’t ask the same question over and over again.
If you follow these rules, you will show yourself to be a pleasant, tactful and interesting conversationalist who will want to come back.
Top 50 topics for a conversation with a man that bring him closer
What do not people talk about. The cause of heated discussions can be any problem. Also, some issues help people get to know each other better.
There are topics that are better not to discuss, and there are those that you don’t have the courage to discuss in person. Therefore, correspondence and a phone call are very helpful.
You can use the following ideas for a conversation with a guy.
To get to know him better.
- If you could make three wishes that are sure to come true, what would they be?
- What movie best describes your life?
- What do you basically do and what do you want to be “when you grow up”?
- What is your favorite food? Do you know how to cook it yourself? Or would you rather have someone else cook it for you?
10 tips for hooking up with a guy
- How many friends do you have? How long have you known each other? How did the acquaintance happen?
- Are you into sports? Or maybe did you do it as a kid? How do you feel about “working out”?
- Do you have pets? How do you feel about animals in general?
- What do you like to do in your spare time from work and school?
- How do you feel about your appearance? Are there things you wish you could fix?
- Do you recognize black humor? Or do you think there are things you shouldn’t joke about? What are those things?
Find out about relationships.
- Who was your first love? Did you date? Why did you break up?
- What qualities should your chosen one have? What do you value most?
- If your friends or parents don’t like your girlfriend, will you break up with her? Or will you change your mind about her?
- What mistake is enough for you to end the relationship?
- How do you feel about cheating? Is there any justification for such an act? Would you be able to forgive the person you love?
- Have you ever fallen in love unrequitedly? Why didn’t your relationship work out?
- Are you a romantic? Do girls make you want to surprise them and arrange original dates?
- Would you like your sweetheart to work in a certain place? Or does your profession make no difference?
- Are you okay with the girl’s initiative? How do you feel about her making the first move?
- Do you believe in friendship between a man and a woman? Do you allow your significant other to have guy friends? Do you have girlfriends yourself?
Lighten the mood.
- Would you like to learn to fly? Where would you fly first?
- Do you get up right after the first alarm clock or after the tenth?
- If I asked you, would you go into space with me?
- What color would you paint your room? And your refrigerator?
- Would you want to take a walk in the park in just your bathrobe? Would you?
- A robot vacuum cleaner has a chart for cleaning your apartment. Do you have a scheme for cleaning your socks?
- Do you sing when you shower? What kind of songs are they?
- Imagine you have to move urgently to another country totally different from the one you were born in. You can only take three things with you. What kinds of things would they be?
- What would you want to do in retirement?
- If you could make a movie, what would the movie be about, and who would you star?
Dig deeper into your personality.
- What is the most valuable thing in life to you? What do you see as its meaning?
- Did you have a happy childhood? What is your most vivid memory?
- Would you like to live forever? Staying forever young and not with a set of aging illnesses?
- How would you describe your ideal day?
- Do you have any phobias? Are they related to anything? Can you share?
- What skills would you like to develop in yourself and what do you think you need them for?
- Would you like to change something drastically in your life?
- Are there things that would make you cry?
- What qualities do you value most in people and what qualities are you not willing to put up with?
- What and who are you thankful for in your life?
Dangerous but interesting questions
- How do you feel about feminism? Do you think all feminists hate men?
- Is it okay for men to be polygamous? Why are men’s cheating treated more loyally?
- How would you feel if your child came to you and told you he loved a man of his own sex?
- What would you say about partnered births?
- Do you think it’s acceptable to hit women? Or, in general, other people?
- Do you agree with the statement “no one, no one, owes anything?”
- Can maternity leave really be considered a vacation?
- In your opinion, should there be someone in charge in the family? Or is everyone equal and entitled to their opinion?
- Should household chores be shared? Or should a woman work, take care of the children, cook and clean?
- Do you consider a man who refuses to drink alcohol in company to be inadequate?
It is best to choose topics and ask questions according to the situation. Some of them can really “set the man on fire,” so be careful.
On the other hand – his negative reaction can be a great indicator of inadequacy, and you’ll just move on.