How to build a strong relationship with a man? Psychology of relationships + 9 important recommendations!
The most important task in the life of every woman – to build a happy relationship with a man. Work, career, appearance, this is a secondary goal. The main purpose of a woman is to be the keeper of the hearth.
When the main goal is achieved, the woman begins to shine from the inside, and all she gets right. After all, only when you build a normal relationship with a man, a woman can feel really happy.
But, unfortunately, not all women can solve this problem successfully. For many of them, a relationship with a man – a real problem. Learn more details in the video:
Top 9 recommendations to make it easier for girls to build relationships with guys
- Do not try to rush things. Hurrying is not the answer. Building a strong relationship in the short term is impossible. You need a lot of time. If you rush things, you can scare away your partner. After all, men usually need more time to open up and take decisive action. Take it as a given, and stop pressuring him.
- Be weak. Men are conquerors and protectors. They are very pleased to feel that they are strong and brave, and you need their protection. So do not be afraid to look weak, but rather often tell your sweetheart about your fears, about the problems with colleagues, that you can not cope with something. Allow a man to calm you down and take pity. Do not solve all the issues yourself, trust your man, and assign some responsibilities to him.
- Away with the ideals. Women love to think up the perfect partner – a prince, and then remake their man under this image. It is important to understand that perfect people do not exist, as well as princes. Do not suppress your loved one with their discontents and nagging. Each person is beautiful in his own way, appreciate it. And if you can not put up with it, then – it’s just not your man. Learn to accept your beloved as he really is. And then, he himself will begin to change for the better for you.
- Let a man provide for you. Men are the breadwinner and provider. When a man begins to doubt his ability to provide for you and his family, his ego suffers. The partner can become withdrawn and depressed. The woman must create the necessary conditions in which there will be no place for humiliation and depression of her partner. Your goal – to encourage your partner to make independent accomplishments. Become a muse for him, and under any circumstances, remain a true woman.
- Be happy. Any man wants to tie his life to a joyful, smiling and kind girl. But with a woman who is not happy with everything, is always depressed and complaining about life, he is unlikely to want to communicate for long. Remember: like attracts like. So fall in love with yourself, start to enjoy life. And then your partner will adopt your spirit, and he will reach out to you. Thus, you will create a happy and harmonious couple.
- Down with scheduled sex. Sex is pleasure, and scheduled pleasure is boring. Sex plays an important role in relationships with the opposite sex. While making love a couple can get much closer, open up to each other, and tell what they would hardly tell in a normal conversation. So do not dosage sex, do not limit it, have sex when and where you want. The main thing in a relationship is to satisfy your sexual desires and enjoy it.
- Praise your partner. The man will be happy if you recognize him as the head of the family. Tell your partner more often that he is the best, that you are proud of him, you love him. Do not spare a couple of gentle words to praise him. Sincerely admire him when he has done something significant for you. He will shine from it, and be proud of himself. Don’t forget to praise your loved one in the company of acquaintances or relatives. Then he will appreciate you even more, and will be immensely grateful to you.
- Be faithful to your partner. Always be faithful to your partner, even if you are in a quarrel. And this also applies to life situations: do not tell everyone that your partner was wrong or wrong about something. Don’t bring the quarrel into the open, and don’t betray him in this way. Be always there, no matter what. Support your loved one, even when you think he can not do something. Soon you will find that your loved one is willing to do anything for you, because you really believed in him.
- Listen to your intuition. Only your heart can determine what you really need. Only it knows the answers to all questions. So often listen to it, and not the opinion of others. If you feel that the man is yours, do everything to be with him together. Even the quarrels – not a hindrance. Well, if the inner voice says that something is wrong and you are not happy with a lot of things, then run away from him. After all, relationships should bring only happy emotions.
How to build a serious, strong and harmonious relationship with a man – 8 tips.
To relationships with men were not only passionate, but serious and strong, you should always take care of the inner harmony in the relationship.
Use these tips so that your relationship was always happy and harmonious:
- Respect each other. Relationships built on mutual respect are the longest and strongest. Respect must be present in everything: in desires, preferences, tastes and opinions. Respect your partner as a person and as a man.
- Learn to understand. Love and euphoria pass, and after those wonderful feelings you should have an understanding of your partner. Understanding should be shown in relation to his actions, deeds. When you begin to understand your partner, you will always be comfortable together. And you will complement each other.
- Support your partner. Support has always been in the first place in a strong relationship. Even if your chosen one seems to you quite strong, believe me, support will be he vital always. Support your loved one even in trifles, absolutely in all situations.
- Trust. Confidence is another important component of any harmonious relationship. Without trust, the relationship will turn into chaos. Trust your loved one, because it’s your personal choice. Do not be jealous of him often, try to believe him. And then, he is sure to meet all your expectations.
- Show care. Men are like children, they really need a woman’s care. Ask him how his day was, what he is worried about, how he feels, feed him, make sure his clothes are always clean and tidy. He will certainly appreciate your care and reward you.
- Create comfort and convenience. The girl is the guardian of the home. It depends on her the weather in the house, and the microclimate in the relationship. A woman should be able to create a comfortable environment at home, in everyday life, so that her man was always in a hurry to go home. In turn, the man will create and for women all the necessary conditions, you will not need anything, and will always be bathed in his attention.
- Diversify your leisure time. In order not to make the relationship boring and humdrum, dilute it with interesting leisure. Go together to the cinema, a cafe, a picnic, just for a walk. Cook your favorite exotic dish, invent joint irrigation with him. Introduce variety in intimate life. And then your relations will play with new colors.
- Romance. This is the most important component of a strong and happy relationship. It is romance that is able to bring tenderness, reverence to the relationship, it is at such moments that we forget all the quarrels, all the negativity, and begin to understand that we are very comfortable with our second half. So try to bring as much flirtation and romantic moments into your relationship as possible, but do not make it too luscious and airy.
How to build a relationship with a divorced man
Quite often girls are afraid to build a relationship with divorced men. They just don’t know how to do it right. Yes, it is much harder to build a relationship with such men than with those who have never been married.
The main thing here is to understand and accept one fact – a divorced man will not be particularly drawn to a too serious relationship right away. So, in any case, do not put pressure on him, do not try to start talking about life together and marriage right away. Act carefully from afar.
It is necessary to conquer his heart rather cautiously. And only when he becomes really good and calm with you, when he understands that you are exactly the one that he was looking for so long, then you can try to talk to him about the wedding. It is necessary to talk to him frankly, and in a heart-to-heart talk to find out the reason for his divorce. Thus, you will prevent a possible repetition of this situation with you.
How to build a relationship with a married man
Relationships with married men are usually passionate, but difficult. After all, a woman is always in limbo: she can not be sure of the duration of such a relationship, the man often gives her only a little time, he at any time can snap and leave. Statistically, such relationships are not promising. So it is necessary to weigh the pros and cons before entering into a relationship with a married man.
If a woman still decided to have a relationship with a married man, she must be realistic and understand that such a relationship can end quite abruptly.
It is necessary to adhere to the following tips:
- Do not criticize or blame your partner’s wife
- Do not abuse caprices and moralizing.
- Do not put pressure on your partner, do not demand a divorce. It is very dangerous to put him in front of a choice. Man must make his own choice.
- Show your tenderness to him more often, talk about your feelings, and give amazing intimacy.
- Don’t impose on a man in any way. Do not keep a man near you. He himself must want to be with you, and you have to try to create the right atmosphere: tenderness, comfort and harmony.
- Be patient. When a girl patiently waits, stepping aside, the man accepts the choice much faster. And most often the choice stops in favor of this most patient and understanding woman.
Only when the man himself realizes that he feels good and relaxed with you, that he is happy only when you are near, only then can you count on something serious.
Why do not succeed in building relationships with men
It happens, and it happens that a woman and beautiful and smart, but to build a relationship with men can not. The reasons may be many, but the main ones:
- Generic negative attitudes, not quite a good example of parents. The important thing to understand here is that everyone is an individual, and everyone’s situation is different. You may do much better than your relatives.
- You have too high requirements for men. Take it easy on yourself and the men. Let the situation go, and more often give vent to your feelings, not your mind.
- A woman takes on the role of a man. Men are discouraged by this. It’s important for them to make their own decisions. Be a woman: weak, helpless and gentle.
- Do not idealize your partner. Do not attribute desirable qualities, so then the same not be disappointed in them. Take him for who he is.
- You underestimate yourself. Love yourself. Become confident in yourself. Find a hobby that will bring you joy. And smile more often.
But there are times when a woman can’t build a happy relationship because the man just isn’t her man.
Men with whom it is simply impossible to build a happy relationship:
- Despotic tyrants;
- irresponsible egoists;
If a woman has tied her fate to such a man, the best advice is to run away from him quickly, towards her happiness.
And most importantly, do not dwell on negative experiences. Remember all in good time. Sincerely enjoy yourself and your life, and soon everything will work out for you.
Top 5 books on the psychology of relationships
And in order to understand men better, you need to begin to understand male psychology, and the psychology of relationships. To do this, we advise you to read the following books:
10 secrets of long-term relationships that many people do not know about
The relationship between a man and a woman is one of the most interesting and discussed topics.
Each of us would like to build a long-term relationship, not to rush from one partner to another. Exactly how to achieve this, we will talk about.
There are many theories on how to achieve a strong relationship, but there is no need to make things too complicated. If you stick to the rules below, you will definitely spend your life with only one partner.
So how do you not lose the person you love?
Share your feelings
© Kaspars Grinvalds
You probably still might not feel comfortable sharing your feelings with the person you love. You may think that it is too early to talk about such a topic, but there is a good chance that you constantly use this excuse, because you simply cannot dare to touch such a sensitive subject.
But you can understand, because, really, you need time to open up to his partner.
When you have been in a relationship with one single person for a long time, it would be natural to start talking about your feelings.
If you can’t do that, then your relationship won’t move to the next level. Even though it’s a small step, it solves a lot in your couple.
You need to share your feelings, even if they are negative, because through such therapy you will be able to solve the problem and understand how to prevent it in the future.
Some people think this behavior is obvious, but not everyone realizes that heart-to-heart talk is as necessary as breathing.
There are situations where you were hurt in a past relationship, and you shut down because of such unpleasant experiences. You do not throw their emotions, despite the fact that the new partner is behaving differently. It is unfair to your lover.
Many great relationships end simply because one of the couple didn’t want to talk openly.
Some get the feeling that it’s not time yet. Such people continue to make a good impression and do not show their real faces.
Eventually, in the case of a small conflict or quarrel, the idyll collapses. After all, you have constantly behaved calmly and did not show your bad mood. Your anger and resentment accumulated, and then burst out at the most inopportune moment.
You’re madder than you should have expected, although it could have been prevented if you were honest about your emotions to your partner.
Communicate more often with your loved one, and then no obstacle will not be able to destroy your relationship.
A little advice:
Sharing negative emotions does not mean constantly snapping at your partner and taking your anger out on him.
If you are unhappy with what your lover has done, by no means use the phrase “You make me feel…” . It sounds like an accusation being made in a court of law, these words can make your partner very depressed.
Instead, say “I believe” or “I’m embarrassed” . Such phrases will lead you into a peaceful discussion, during which you will say in a calm tone what you don’t like, and your loved one will understand you and change his behavior for the better.
Don’t forget that not only should you be listened to, but you should also be able to listen to your partner.
Everyone in a long-term relationship should have his or her own space.
© Latino Life
When you are in love and enjoy spending time together, it can feel like you need to spend more and more time together in the future or not separate at all.
If you are in a relationship, this does not mean that your partner does not have the right to be alone with himself or herself. Also, your partner may have needs for something, and not always your intervention will be able to help.
It is important to remember each other’s personal space when you start living together. How you do this is up to you.
Maybe you are a busy person who spends most of your time away from home. In such a situation, it would make sense to enjoy your lover’s company at home, since you are rarely there.
If you are constantly at home, however, you will eventually notice that when watching TV or during other activities, you do without your partner. In that case, it’s better to go out on the town and take a break from your own home in the company of your loved one.
A little advice:
If you feel that you do not have enough personal space, you become cramped, then do not keep silent about this problem, and talk to your significant other on this subject. After all, the relationship can end in a very unpleasant way.
You might think that the person is pulling away from you because he wants to spend time without you, but that’s not true. The relationship will not cease, but rather it will become stronger.
Sharing household chores
© Jevtic/Getty Images
Even if you don’t live together, you often spend time at each other’s homes.
When you each go to each other’s house, you are no longer considered a mere guest, but a member of the apartment.
You should write a set of rules and responsibilities for everyone to avoid swearing in the future. Housekeeping is a frequent cause of arguments between partners.
Let’s face it, women do more housework than men, but they themselves do not realize it.
Men who are used to the bachelor life don’t change their habits at all, even when they start living with their beloved. They do this on purpose or with malice.
The reason lies in the fact that many of us grew up in a family where our mother did almost all the housework all the time. We unconsciously follow this pattern of behavior.
The problem is that the unequal distribution of responsibilities leads to conflict. This affects your intimate life. After all, when you are the only person who scrubs the floors for days on end, you think about rest, not about sexual contact with your partner.
Don’t let this problem occur. All you have to do is make a to-do list for you and your lover.
The goal is for everyone to rest an equal amount of time. You will no longer have a headache about cleaning.
A little advice:
The conversation should take place in a calm and easy atmosphere.
Never decide for your partner what he will do around the house. This is wrong. It is necessary to come to a common decision together.
How to save your relationship?
Stop being shy to talk about the money.
When people see each other for the first time, they evaluate their future partner’s financial situation.
You may have been paying multiple dates or sharing bills to keep each other happy.
At some point, you’ll start talking about each other’s earnings. If you find a discrepancy, you’ll realize that splitting any purchase 50:50 isn’t necessary.
This is where many couples stop and don’t broach the subject again.
The problem is that the longer you date a person, the more each person’s financial situation begins to concern and affect each other’s lives.
Maybe you want to buy a house or have children. After all, we’re talking about a long-term relationship. Maybe you need to start saving money in order to set aside money for a vacation. In any of these cases, we’re talking about a lot of spending. Honesty about money is vital.
This does not mean that you have to name the exact amount of your own savings. You just need to negotiate this or that purchase. After all, you’re a couple, and it’s okay to purchase some items with joint money.
Even if you earn the same, you can count on your partner. There are situations when the salary varies, so you need to know the approximate earnings of each. That way you can count on each other.
A little advice:
You may earn differently, but this should not be a reason for discord. You should not be ashamed of the fact that some of your purchases are paid for by your partner.
The main thing is not to be ashamed to talk about money.
Make time for joint and unusual activities
Sometimes when you are in a relationship for a long time, you completely forget about having fun.
The more you are together, the more time you spend on household chores and tend to loiter rather than go on dates. This can be called an inevitable consequence of developing a relationship.
Going to parties should be as often as you do housecleaning. Thanks to this activity, your couple will not fall apart.
It is extremely important not to forget about having fun. You don’t have to constantly save money for different events and only enjoy a sweet nap next to your partner.
Having fun together is part of the relationship. It is this detail that makes your relationship strong.
Many couples say it was fun in the beginning, but now they are too busy to make time for it.
You can always find time, if you wanted to.
When it doesn’t come naturally, however, you need to take action. If you want to keep your relationship going, set aside at least an hour for various interesting activities.
You can arrange an evening walk, watch a movie, go dancing or cook a new dish together.
A little advice:
Not only should you have fun while dating, but your partner should too.
You can invite your friends over and have parties at home, which means you need not only to date, but also to meet your friends to strengthen the relationship.
Relationships can become predictable. Sure, when your partner anticipates some of your actions, it’s fun, but when all of them do, it can bring the relationship to a standstill.
You have to know how to surprise!
You don’t have to book a hotel in downtown Paris to wow the person you love, although if you have the money for it, why not. After all, these can be tiny surprises that will lift your spirits. It is possible to surprise your partner with his favorite food, a wonderful dinner, a small gift like a key chain or a phone case, or new clothes.
You need these gifts to keep your loved one happy day in and day out.
They take you back to the days when you barely knew each other and when any gesture seemed amazing to you.
If you don’t have a penny in your wallet and it’s a long way to payday, have a surprise picnic. Prepare everything you can from what you find in the fridge, set a place to meet, but don’t talk about the picnic, and the surprise is sure to succeed.
A little advice:
Each person needs a different approach, that is, start from what your partner likes.
Do you remember the days when you were shy to hold each other’s hands, but at the same time did not want to let go of the hand of your beloved. Over time, this has become a routine action, as it is part of the development of the relationship.
The danger is that as time passes, intimacy diminishes, and with it you forget about hugs and kisses. Touching is like a habit. But you can get rid of the habit, so it is possible to stop the sexual relationship.
Sometimes this is due to the fact that a couple spent little time together, so the sexual desire for each other weakened. It happens that people do nothing but work, and do not leave time for physical connection.
Of course, there are troubles in life because of which you feel great stress. At such times, you can not think about sexual intimacy, and you can understand.
Even if you don’t have time for intimacy, don’t forget about kissing and cuddling.
A little advice:
If the lack of sex escalates into a huge problem, then talk to your partner, but not in a raised tone. Such issues can only be solved in a calm atmosphere.
When you love each other and really want to save the relationship, find a way out of such a situation.
How to build a strong relationship?
Respect each other’s preferences and habits
People say that opposites attract. Indeed, in most cases, there are several fundamental differences between partners.
© Natthanon Kongyam/Pexels
This is normal. After all, few of us would want to date a male/female version of ourselves.
Having differences is fine, but only up to a point. Sometimes those differences that seemed so appealing early on can start to get annoying when you’ve been in a relationship for a long time.
So how do you overcome this?
You just need to realize that it’s natural to be different, and differences don’t mean you’re not right for each other. Spend your precious time to find positive aspects in the habits or preferences of your partner.
For example, you do not like that partner wipes down every statue, even though he could vacuum the whole house in that time, but it is a difficult task. This kind of cleaning is very exhausting, because small items are difficult to clean because of their size. He leaves that work to himself and spares your vision.
If something irritates you in your partner, it may also irritate your habits, do not forget about it. Also think about if your preferences have a positive side. It should not be a one-way game.
You need to learn to accept your loved one’s differences in order to keep the relationship alive.
A little advice:
If there is something that makes you very angry about his behavior, talk, but only calmly.
Instead of saying, “Why didn’t you close the bathroom window! “, say, “I’ve noticed that you often leave the window open…”
You’ll solve the problem and not ruin your relationship.
You need to make plans for the future.
If you don’t have plans, then you don’t have what you are striving for together. And without a destination, your journey will stop quickly.
In the beginning of the relationship, it will be normal not to run far into the future, and only discuss plans for the next week, such as the upcoming weekend.
Over time, however, it is important to set goals and go for them. Your goal may simply be to plan a vacation, get married or have children. Goals can change as your relationship progresses. It is important to make sure that you are going for the same goal.
Planning together is a way to see if your long-term relationship is moving in the right direction for both of you.
There may be a situation where he is thinking about children and the girl wants to move to another country.
When you have completely different plans for life, you need to talk.
A little advice:
You should also make small plans, like where to go this weekend, where to have dinner this evening. They play an important role in the relationship, too.
You’ve probably noticed that almost everywhere the solution to problems has been a peaceful conversation. No matter what happens, you need to talk.
If you don’t talk, it’s hard to even call it a relationship.
In the beginning it was easy to talk about any topic, but over time, it’s like you lose this skill.
Life can turn in the most unimaginable way, so you need to remember to have a heart-to-heart talk.
No matter what happens, no matter how hard things get, just keep talking.
But if you don’t communicate at all, you won’t get anywhere, and the connection that was there between you will disappear.
If you want to start a serious conversation, make sure you are calm and feel normal.
Be open with your partner.
A little tip: Think of the conversation as a fertilizer that will improve your relationship and keep it from going bad.