21 Obvious Signs That A Man Likes You But He’s Afraid of Rejection
Men and women often try to figure out how the opposite sex feels about them. There are signs of how to tell if a man likes you, and we list them below.
Have you wondered if one of the men you know likes you?
Are you hoping he likes you, but you don’t want to misinterpret everything?
Pre-romantic communications are full of questions.
Both parties are unsure of themselves and hope not to ruin the chance for happiness.
In general, men have a strong fear of rejection, especially in the realm of dating .
Abrupt rejection puts the stigma of failure on them on a biological level, where they are desperate to succeed.
To understand where you stand with a guy, you need to decide, “Is he afraid of rejection or not interested?”
How do guys behave when they’re in love and scared?
Mixed signals come from feelings of fear and attraction .
One day he’s chatting with you, and the next day he’s quick to leave, trying to avoid you.
He probably feels he said something stupid and wants to avoid making things worse while he develops a new strategy to impress you.
Signs that a man likes you, but he’s hiding it:
- He’s around a lot, but says very little.
- He seems to be doing fine, but around you, he gets nervous.
- He looks hurt when other men flirt with you.
Sometimes when a guy is avoiding you, but he likes you, he’s weighing the risks and benefits of continuing the relationship and hasn’t made a decision yet .
Even though he likes you, he’s still hesitant to show his feelings because he doesn’t want to experience pain .
21 signs that a man likes you, but he’s afraid of rejection
When a man feels rejected, his self-esteem suffers greatly and he needs time to come to his senses. He may even feel ashamed or embarrassed.
These are difficult emotions for anyone, and he will really want to avoid them . This motivation may make him hold back his true feelings, but his actions will tell a different story .
He is quick to respond to your requests for help .
These can be simple things, like getting a box off a shelf at work or feeding the cat when you go away for the weekend. When you need help, he’s willing to make your life easier .
This kind of behavior indicates that he’s interested in you, but he’s not sure if he’ll take the next step and ask you out. You’re left wondering if he’s just a nice, friendly guy or if he’s secretly in love with you.
You notice that he keeps looking at you.
He doesn’t cast a creepy, predatory look at you, but you know he’s looking at you, not at the soccer game on the screen behind you.
When this happens more and more often, you can bet that you are the object of his desire . One can only wonder if he will do more than just look passionately in your direction.
He always has something to say about you.
He admires you and looks for opportunities to talk positively. He may compliment your clothes or hair, but hardly about your physical attributes.
He might have said you handled a difficult situation well, or praised your certain skills. Men don’t tend to praise women they’re not interested in.
If he compliments you regularly, it’s obvious he likes you. Compliments are a sure sign that this man likes you.
His friends know who you are.
His friends recognize you when you go out with them. This is because he’s been talking about you .
When his loved ones ask him what girl he is thinking of, the answer is your name. If his friends or co-workers know you more than you know them, it’s a clear sign that this man likes you.
He takes your side.
He definitely sees things through your eyes. He agrees that the criticism you received at work was unfair. If someone speaks ill of you, he speaks on your behalf .
That man is a member of your fan club, whether you realize you have one or not. Isn’t that the best indicator and sign that this man likes you?
He’s asking for your advice.
Asking someone for advice is a great reason to start a conversation, and he needs those reasons, right?
This behavior also shows that he values your opinion . It’s a relatively safe conversation because he doesn’t need to bring up asking you out and risk getting rejected .
He is eager to spend time with you .
If you can count on him showing up in your social circle, you can bet he’s here for a reason, and that reason could be you .
If his heart was beating with love for someone in your social circle, he would probably direct his attention in other directions.
He’s doing everything he can to impress you.
Whether his bold and spontaneous actions will impress you is an open question, but he tries to be memorable . This is one of the signs that a man likes you.
People ask if you like him.
An outside view can draw your attention to obvious facts. Others see his feelings for you, and you voluntarily or involuntarily keep him in a “friendzone” .
When other people want to know if you’re dating, you might want to think about it.
He laughs when you make a joke.
You are a legendary comedian to him. All your cute comments and snide remarks make him laugh. Perhaps you are a great wit and he has the talent to appreciate it.
Chances are you both have an average sense of humor, but he takes every opportunity to laugh with you . It’s a gentle and safe way to be emotionally close without risking rejection.
If you ask him about his personal life, the answer is vague.
Even if he’s been in a relationship in the past, he avoids the subject when talking to you. He doesn’t want you to introduce him to other girls because the man likes you, and that sign tells you that he wants to be with you .
You realize that you trust him .
He has established himself as someone you can safely talk to . He genuinely cares about your problems and doesn’t gossip about you .
He won’t look through his phone while he is with you.
We use phones to entertain ourselves when we are bored. But when you’re talking to him, he doesn’t care about messages or notifications.
The phone doesn’t seduce him because right now it’s getting your attention and everything else can wait. Your presence trumps all the news in the country.
He talks vaguely about a future with the right woman.
Maybe he’s testing your reaction to his hypothetical aspirations. He wants to let you know that he hopes to find love, but maybe he hasn’t worked up the courage to ask you out yet.
He flirts with you regularly.
He flirts, you flirt back, but neither of you are planning a date. The longer this goes on, the more likely he likes you.
He might try to come up with the perfect plan to ask you out, but his fear of being rejected always keeps things in the planning stage .
He remembers what you say.
If he can go back to previous conversations and even quote you, it means this person has been paying attention. You matter to him.
His mood changes if you mention that you are dating someone else.
You went on a date with someone else. This news will devastate him, and he won’t be able to completely hide it.
This information could be the impetus for him to ask you out or continue to live in doubt.
You can feel the chemistry when you’re around him.
No one has talked about dating, but you’re both happy around each other and you feel the attraction .
His body language speaks to your protection .
When you walk together on a cold day, he naturally tries to shield you from the wind. He moves closer if someone sneaks up on you at a party.
He cares about you and wants to protect you from discomfort or danger . Protection is a man’s most important function in society, so being able to protect you is a sign that a man likes you.
He is happy when you touch him.
You just playfully clapped him on the shoulder when he said something funny and he lit up with joy .
He may not touch you back because he doesn’t want to seem aggressive, but that contact with you made him happy today.
He wants to know more about you.
You are the subject of your conversations. He’s interested in learning more about you. And that’s a clear sign that a man likes you.
Part of this behavior is to see if you’ll be receptive to his advances, if he’ll show it. He also wants to find out if you have any obstacles before he decides to ask you out.
Coldness of Relationship
Coldness is a common sign that a man feels rejected by you. When a friend or acquaintance goes from being cheerful and attentive to avoiding you, he probably feels rejected.
Whether he has expressed his feelings for you or not, he has decided that you don’t like him. Now he is trying to pull away and protect himself from danger.
If you’re not interested in him, accept his departure, even if you like him as a friend.
But if his coldness bothers you, perhaps you should try to get his attention. Perhaps he’ll be happy for a second chance, which will be a strong indication that this man likes you.
30 body clues from a man will tell you if he likes you or if he wants to get away from you
It’s no secret that men don’t always share their feelings. However, he doesn’t have to say much to show his attitude toward you.
Sometimes the signals that his body language unconsciously sends out can speak for themselves.
Pay attention to these signs to understand his true feelings for you.
How can you tell if a man likes you?
© Comstock Images / Photo Images
1. Look at his torso . Even if his head and feet are facing you and his torso is turned toward the door, he is thinking of leaving.
2. Raises his eyebrows . The second your eyes meet, notice his eyebrows. He will subconsciously raise them if he is interested in talking to you. This phenomenon is called “eyebrow flash” and occurs in a fraction of a second, so you need to be very attentive to notice it.
3. Dilated pupils . Look closely at his pupils. If they enlarge when he looks at you, he likes what he sees.
4. Pupils are constricted . Likewise, if his pupils shrink when he looks at you, his interest is not as great. He may even leave you soon.
© DAPA Images
5. Fixing your hair . If he touches your hair, he likes you. A friend will not remove your fallen strand of hair behind your ear.
6. If he meets you with a glance from across the room, turns away for a few seconds, and then looks at you again, he’s interested in you. This is one of the most basic signals during flirting.
7. Looks at your lips. If his eyes periodically shift to your lips as he talks, he is thinking of kissing you.
8. If he constantly licks his lips and runs his fingers over them, this is another sign that indicates he is thinking about kissing you.
9. He fixes his hair. Have you noticed how our hands automatically reach for our hair when we notice someone attractive? Men do it too. If he starts fixing his hair when he sees you, he thinks you’re sexy.
10. If he’s restlessly adjusting his sleeves or watch, he’s nervous. This is either because he likes you, or he feels uncomfortable around you, or both.
11 If he sits close to you so that your feet are touching, even though there’s still room nearby, he definitely likes you. He wants to be closer so it’s easier for him to start acting.
12 If he hugs you when you meet or say good-bye and lingers a little longer, he likes you.
13. And if he stares at you longer than he stares at anyone else, he definitely likes you.
14. If you notice he’s staring at you, he thinks you look sexy in your outfit. If he’s biting his lip, he’s imagining how you would look without clothes.
Signs of a man’s sympathy.
15. If he tilts his head slightly while talking to you, he’s totally focused on what you’re saying, and that definitely shows he’s interested.
16. Smiles broadly . Sometimes you can tell by one smile if he’s just being friendly with you or if he’s flirting. If you can’t figure that out, look at the way he smiles at other girls. If the smile directed at you is different, you are special to him. As a rule, a smile with visible teeth is more sincere and indicates a great liking for you.
17. If he spreads his jeans, puts his fingers behind his belt , he is trying to draw attention to his manhood. It’s a clear sign that he wants you.
18. He blinks a lot. It may be hard for you to tell if he blinks more than usual, but men tend to blink more often when they are looking at something they like. Pay attention to this subtle sign.
19. He may pull out his phone to keep his hands busy when he’s nervous, but it could also be an indication that he’s bored with you. If he was interested in what you had to say, he would be unlikely to check test messages.
© Candy Box Images
20. Leans forward. If you are sitting across from each other at the table and he leans forward to be closer, he finds you attractive.
21. Have you heard of mirroring? If he starts scratching his head when you scratch your head, or licking his lips when you lick your lips, it’s an accurate sign that he’s interested.
22. Men want to look more masculine around a woman they like. If he spreads his chest and stretches so that you can see his muscles, he wants to show himself off.
23. Unless the room is cold and he is trying to keep warm, crossing his arms may not be a good sign. He may not be very happy with you.
24. If you’re looking at him from across the room and he’s genuinely smiling at you, he’s probably interested.
© Minerva Studio
25. Pay attention to his touch. Greeting him with a palm-to-palm or fists is not important. If, however, he touches your waist while walking, he definitely has a soft spot for you.
26. If he is flirting with you , holding your hand or flirting with your feet under the table, you shouldn’t even guess. He really likes you!
27. When a man is comfortable with you, he sits with his legs apart. Pay attention to this.
28. If he touches your face when he talks to you and looks at you for too long without blinking, it could be a sign that he is trying to hide something or is lying. You will find it difficult to trust such a man.
29. If you catch his gaze on your breasts during a conversation, then although he may not be thrilled with your personality, he definitely likes your body.
30. Look down at his jeans, if you see a bump there, his attitude toward you is quite obvious.