What to talk to a girl about: 32 tips
Want to know what to talk about with the girl you like? Then read the tips that will help you keep the conversation going with your girlfriend.
Most guys know what it’s like when they like a certain girl – if she’s around, the presence of butterflies in your stomach is assured.
You feel excited every time a girl appears in your area of attention, and when it comes to socializing, things get even more complicated.
Why is it that when you like a girl, it becomes so hard to talk to her? Your palms sweat, your mouth becomes dry, and for some inexplicable reason, although you are a perfectly normal and adequate person, you are unable to express even a single trivial thought, let alone transform it into something articulate.
While you are usually the center of the universe and the soul of the company and can talk to anyone about anything, when your conversation partner becomes someone you can’t stop thinking about, suddenly everything changes.
If you have a problem with starting and developing a conversation with a girl because of internal stiffness, you are not alone in your trouble.
The best way to deal with a situation like this is to prepare for it in advance. Let you not be able to behave in a completely natural way during the conversation, but look silly when the conversation suddenly stops, and there is a long and uncomfortable silence, in no way.
An additional stone in your garden can be the inability to find a way out of the trap of his own silence. That’s why it’s a great idea to adopt interesting topics for conversation.
Whether you want to start a conversation with a girl for the first time with a cunning plan to capture her phone number, or you’ve already made a date with her, but want to be sure that communication will flow without a hitch, by preparing interesting topics and questions for the girl, you can guarantee that you will have a great time with her.
Starting a conversation with a girl you like is actually easy, and the suggested topics for conversation will be your helpers on the right path.
Once the conversation starts, you’ll find yourself relaxing and things get a lot easier.
But having prepared, just in case, cheat sheets will give you peace of mind and confidence, because now you will know exactly what to talk about with the girl.
You saw it on TV yesterday.
Mass culture and the mass media are not likely to bypass your girlfriend. This is a very easy way to start a casual conversation.
If you have witnessed particularly interesting information thanks to television or the Internet, talk about it.
2. Do you have brothers, sisters?
By the way, this is pretty useful information. What if her brother is Roman Abramovich?
3. Do you have a good relationship with your relatives?
This is a rather personal, but important question.
If you decide to build a long-term relationship, a girl from a close-knit family will be the right choice.
Moreover, talking about relationships with family brings you closer together.
4. Where do you work, study?
Ask where the girl works or studies, and whether she likes this type of activity or her chosen specialty.
Showing interest in the girl’s professional activities would be a good way to start a conversation, since most people can talk for hours about their work or studies: how they love or hate it.
5. What did you dream of becoming as a child?
This question will help get to the topic of childhood and develop your dialogue with childhood stories.
6. What is your favorite food?
Pay attention to your girlfriend’s favorite dish, because if all goes well, you can make her a great dinner later, adding invaluable points to your appearance as a male knight.
7. What do you usually do in your spare time?
Find out about her hobbies and interests. This question will show your compatibility and give you a hint as to your choice of location for a romantic date.
8. What kind of music do you listen to?
If you don’t know what to talk about with the girl you like, strike up a conversation about music.
Music is a completely neutral topic because everyone has their favorite musical preferences, as well as musical genres they hate.
Tell us about the concerts and festivals you’ve attended. You probably have a lot more in common than you would expect.
9. What is the best day of your life associated with?
Who knows. Maybe she’ll answer that with you…
10. What was the most memorable night of your life?
The information about your girlfriend’s night out can give you another batch of ideas about where to go on a date with your girlfriend.
Moreover, what if this girl is not your destiny? Then you’re even a handsome man. Use the free idea you get to organize a night out with another girl.
11. if you could take anyone out to dinner, who would it be?
This is a fun and moderately silly question that can still tell you a lot about a girl.
12. what would you do if you won the lottery tomorrow?
Dreaming together about what you would do if you became super rich is an interesting way to pass the time.
13. What would you do if you had a week to live?
Such a question is unlikely to be a painful one. Rather, it would start a fun and lighthearted conversation about many crazy activities and things.
14. Do you have an idol?
A role model is no small characteristic of a person.
15. Why did you agree to a date?
A stupid question that shows your weakness.
But if you’re not getting married tomorrow, you can learn something interesting about yourself with this question.
16. Describe your perfect night out?
Find out what a girl likes to do on her free evenings.
17. Do you like animals?
If a girl doesn’t like animals, and you can’t imagine your future without your beloved dog Wolfie, why would you want such a girl at all?
18. What’s one superpower you wish you had?
Another funny question that will make a girl first frown her eyebrows and then smile.
19. What countries have you been to abroad?
Stories about travel and the places you’ve visited are a great topic of conversation.
Even if you’ve never traveled, talk about where you’d like to go in the future. You can even plan a trip together.
20. Did you love learning in school?
Everyone has a bottomless baggage of school stories in their memory, so why not talk about them?
21. Do you have many real friends?
Finding out about a girl’s friends will give you a better idea of who she is.
22. What’s important to you about a guy?
Why not find out right away what’s on a girl’s mind. At least you’ll know from the very beginning what rank you’ve been assigned in this romantic story.
Actually, another question from the category of about yourself, the answer to which can be used to conduct a date with another girl.
23. What do you value in a relationship?
Find out how much your views coincide.
What if the girl is pursuing an exclusively free relationship?
24. What are your hobbies?
The richer your life and your girlfriend’s life are, the more interesting the conversation will get.
25. Topics of conversation with the girl:
- Childhood, both hers and yours.
- Current interests and hobbies.
- Plans for the future.
- Personal preferences and views on life.
- Relationships with the opposite sex without specifics or memories of your exes.
- Psychology and esoterics.
- Current issues of your generation.
- Your own life stories.
26. Thinking Out Loud.
Practice talking about whatever you want, i.e. whatever pops into your head, and don’t turn the conversation with the girl into an interrogation. Don’t play the role of an interrogator, so dilute the conversation with your own stories.
27. Be Confident
You don’t have to agree with everything the girl says, but you shouldn’t argue either.
28. Be emotional.
You can talk about the things that interest you. However, doing it expressively and emotionally, the girl will enjoy the conversation.
29. Practice on other girls
Spend a few dates with girls that you don’t have exciting feelings about.
You’ll feel much better when you finally have the courage to talk to the girl of your dreams.
30. Smile and eye contact
This worthless way of properly positioning yourself can work wonders.
31. Remember the end goal
Don’t forget to get the girl’s phone number. Or did you just want to kill your time?
32. Look Attractive
If you are by nature silent, your appearance can rehabilitate you at least a little bit.
You will never get a 100 percent guarantee that a date or conversation will go smoothly, as there are countless external factors to a successful conversation. Nevertheless, the more you talk to people, the more confident and natural you become.
So practice more often, and eventually you’ll figure out what to talk to a girl about.
What to talk about with a girl on a first date? 100 necessary topics
Corrector, editor journalist. I’ve been doing what I love for over six years.
Expert – Margarita Lopukhova
Family psychologist. I have been saving “family units” from disintegration for eight years. I help couples regain love and understanding.
You will never have a second opportunity to make a first impression. This rule is especially true for a first date. If you have a first meeting with a girl you like, you need to prepare carefully. If you don’t know what to talk about with a girl on a first date, use a few simple tips.
Get to know her
The date should not only be enjoyable, but also productive. Ask questions that help you get to know the girl better, her outlook on life, her future prospects.
What you can ask:
- What would you spend a million dollars on? On entertainment, travel, material possessions?
- Your goals and dreams, what do you want to accomplish by the end of this year?
- How do you spend your free time, your hobbies and interests?
- Do you have many friends, what do you value and respect them for?
- Do you like music? What kind of music? What modern performers do you like and irritate?
- Name three (five, seven) things you like best.
- Do you have any idols? Who motivates and inspires you?
- Do you like to read? If yes, favorite author and work, classics or modern literature?
- What annoys you? What people or behaviors piss you off?
- Could you commit a crime? If yes, what kind, under what circumstances?
- What kind of movies do you prefer to watch?
- Have you ever imagined yourself as a character in a movie, cartoon, or TV series?
- What are your taste preferences? What kind of food can you eat a lot and often? Do you like sweets? Your least favorite food.
- Do you like, know how to cook?
- Would you like to interview a celebrity? Why this particular person?
- .The dumbest way of dating you’ve ever encountered.
- .What do absolutely all girls do?
- Do you like soap operas? Can you watch an entire season in one day? Get upset if your favorite show ends?
- .How do you feel about life – optimistic, realistic, pessimistic?
- Your ideal day off.
- How do you spend your vacations? Do you prefer to be active, or lie relaxed on the beach all day?
- Your most vivid high school, college memories?
- Did you love learning in school? What was your favorite and least favorite subject?
- Would you like to live in another country? If yes, which one?
- Do you collect anything? If not, would you like to take up collecting?
- What was your fear as a child? Why?
- Do you believe in horoscopes, fortune telling, did you ever talk to fortune tellers? Did you perform any rituals yourself?
- What did you dream of becoming as a child? Why didn’t your childhood dream come true?
- How do you feel about shopping? Is it important for you that a man accompanies you in stores?
- How do you feel about charity?
- How do you feel about charity?
- Are you ready to do something crazy?
- Do you have a blog, YouTube channel? How do you feel about bloggers? Do you consider this occupation a serious profession?
- What kind of person can you call charismatic?
- Are you a goal-oriented person?
- Do you allow yourself to be lazy? How do you fight laziness if you have to do something urgently?
- Going to a cafe, a movie alone – is it normal?
- Do you like to take pictures? Taking pictures?
- What would you like to achieve in 5, 10 years?
- Do you like to dream?
- If they made a movie about your life, what genre would it be?
- Your best friend, what is he or she like?
- Is love at first sight real?
- Do you believe in karma, the boomerang effect?
- Family or career? What’s more important to a man?
- What kind of things do you think you shouldn’t joke about?
- Introvert or extrovert?
- What things do you never part with?
- Do your loved ones influence your choices, actions and decisions? Do you often consult with your parents?
- Do you trust strangers easily?
- How do you feel about cheating?
Conversation involves dialogue. Don’t forget to listen carefully, talk about yourself as appropriate. If your point of view is radically different from what she says, it is better not to enter into arguments. Polemics is appropriate with the permanent partners. But if your views and interests coincide, be sure to say so. Just do not lie, do not try to seem much better than you really are.