Adaptation of first-year students – let’s look closely
Topic: “Adaptation of first-year students to new living conditions”.
Reviewed and approved
at the meeting of the methodical commission
The order № ____ from_________ 2014г.
Chairman of the cyclic commission
General and technical disciplines:
- Main part: Adaptation of first-year students to new conditions of life.
- Psychological features of the adaptation of first-year students.
- Organization of psychological and pedagogical support for the adaptation of first-year students in the conditions of the technical school.
- Questionnaire for parents of first-year students.
The list of used literature.
The educational system encompasses the entire student body, which produces highly qualified specialists who must be able to make decisions independently.
It is in the first year that the attitude of a young person to study for the future profession is formed.
Especially important is every day of the first weeks of training, introductions, questionnaires, meetings.
Adapting to a new environment requires a lot of effort, due to which there are significant differences in activity and learning outcomes.
Difficulties in combining the efforts of the teacher and the student in organizing ways of learning. Many students pay too high a price for this. Hence the low success rate in the first year.
Retention of first-year students is a major challenge for the classroom teacher.
A person’s ability to adapt to the various demands (social and physical) of the environment without feeling inner discomfort and without conflict with the environment.
- Adaptation of freshmen students
Block: 1/2 | Number of characters: 1685 Source: https://nsportal.ru/shkola/vneklassnaya-rabota/library/2015/02/03/metodicheskaya-razrabotka-na-temu-adaptatsiya
8 800 555-60-56 call for free! +7 958 100-17-35 mobile
Block: 2/3 | Number of characters: 155 Source: https://www.StudOtvet.ru/help/problema-adaptatsii-studentov-pervogo-kursa-k-novoi-obrazovatelnoi-srede
The role of the mentor in the adaptation of 1st year college students …
Adaptation of first-year college students . Every year, like all educational institutions, our college hospitably opens its doors to
College professors and, first and foremost, the group supervisor play a big role in overcoming this problem .
8 800 555-60-56 call for free! +7 958 100-17-35 mobile
Block: 3/3 | Number of characters: 155 Source: https://www.StudOtvet.ru/help/problema-adaptatsii-studentov-pervogo-kursa-k-novoi-obrazovatelnoi-srede
Mentoring is a professional function of the university…
Adaptation of students – freshmen in college | Young scholar. group supervisor , student , college , class hour , educational process , group , freshman adaptation , learning condition , freshman , teacher .
The main aspects of psycho-emotional adaptation of nonresident …
group supervisor , student , college , class hour , study process , group , freshmen adaptation , condition of study , freshman , teacher . The concept of social adaptation of students – freshmen …
Socio-psychological problems of adaptation …
Adapting students to the new college environment is a complex and multifaceted process, which is why you need to help a freshman grow up. First of all, a teacher-psychologist, and, of course, a curator can help freshmen.
The main directions of the work of curator on optimization…
This article is devoted to the adaptation of students to the conditions of the University and the formation of unfavorable social status of freshmen in the group . The aim of the article is to analyze the directions of supervisor’s work on optimization of social status of first-year students in the group .
To the question of the adaptation of first-year students to the conditions of …
university, adaptation , student , maladaptation , curator , student group , student activity.
Adaptation of freshmen students in college .
Psychological aspects of the adaptation of freshmen to learning …
Peculiarities and difficulties of adaptation of first-year students …
group , student , adaptation process , student this , social adaptation , adaptation problem . Socio-psychological problems of adaptation of first-year students to the conditions of learning in a professional college .
Adaptation of first-year students in the university | Article in the journal .
4. to use the system of adaptation trainings for first-year students; 5. to increase the role of the curator in the adaptation of students to the conditions of learning at the university; 6. active involvement of first-year students in the socio-cultural life of the university.
Psychological and pedagogical peculiarities of students’ upbringing …
Adaptation of first-year students in college . curator of the group, student, college, class hour, educational process, group, adaptation of first-year students, learning conditions, first-year student, teacher .
Number of blocks: 13 | Total number of characters: 5068 Number of donors used: 3 Information on each donor:
Adaptation of freshmen students in university and college: problems, peculiarities
Entering a university is a joyful and exciting event. And it is also an exit from the comfort zone and adaptation of freshmen to the new environment – student life.
Very often at this stage, first-year students have difficulties and fears. In this article we will tell you what are the problems of freshmen adaptation and share the secrets of a painless and successful adaptation of freshmen in high school.
Find more useful materials from the world of education in our Telegram-channel. And do not forget to follow the promotions and discounts from the company – with them, it is even more profitable to study for excellence.
Entrust your work to a PhD candidate!
Find out the cost for free
What is the adaptation of freshmen in high school
Adaptation (from Latin adaptare – to adapt) is the process of adapting to changing external and internal conditions. Human adaptation has two aspects: biological and psychological.
In the first months of their studies, first-year students face a number of difficulties:
- Learning new and more complex disciplines;
- lack of basic knowledge;
- unfamiliar system of organization of classes;
- the new team;
- being away from home and living independently;
- inability to use finances rationally;
- lack of free time.
It takes a long time before a student adjusts to the new conditions.
By the way! For our readers now there is a 10% discount on any type of work.
Types of adaptation of first-year students in college and university
Psychologists distinguish a whole system of adaptation of first-year students. It comes in four types:
- Organizational. This type of adaptation involves a change in learning and living conditions, daily routine, teaching methods, rules of conduct in an educational institution, and an increased workload. This type of adaptation is not easy. Because student life is not like school life. Over time, when a student gets used to a new schedule, teachers, and environment, organizational adaptation recedes into the background.
- Activity-Based. This kind of adaptation goes along with the organizational adaptation. During the active adaptation a student gets acquainted with new subjects, gets used to his/her new status (student), and learns his/her new rights and duties.
- Professional. Usually, this type of adaptation begins for students during the industrial and pregraduation internship. The student learns his or her chosen field from the inside, not only in theory. He gets acquainted with his duties, responsibilities, daily tasks. First-year students pass this type of adaptation formally, when they are told during classes what they will have to do.
- Social and psychological. Psychologists say that this is the most difficult type of adaptation. Sometimes even a specialist cannot predict how a person will behave during adaptation to new conditions. Social and psychological adaptation of freshmen involves the establishment of new personal and business relationships, gaining trust and disposition on the part of students and teachers.
Peculiarities of freshmen adaptation
The adaptation of first-year students is influenced by certain factors.
Sociological factors can include age, social status, education.
With age, adaptation passes and is perceived more easily. Young people are often ambitious, and it is more difficult to accept a new way of life. Because of their bright and unruly character, they may show resentment and resistance to the new regime.
First and foremost, the social adjustment of first-year students affects their relationships with one another. Misunderstandings may arise due to social status, religion, academic achievements (e.g., diplomas, medals, high USE scores).
The way freshmen adapt to college or university depends a great deal on their professors. Students’ motivation and interest depend on the attitude and demands their professors place on them.
How a freshman adapts faster: helpful tips
To make the psychological adaptation easier, use our tips:
- Take the path of least resistance and accept everything as it is. There’s no turning back. You’re a freshman. And the sooner you realize this, the easier your adjustment will be.
- Plan your day. Make a diary and write out your entire day. It would seem what for, if you can print out a ready-made schedule of couples? But this narrows the field of your perception and will be more difficult to time. Write down clearly by the day how much time occupies classes, how many hours you need to spend on preparation for seminars, where you need to go or go on a trip. When you write down your day you will see that everything is not so terrible, and there is even time for leisure.
- Participate in the social life of the university or technical school. At the beginning of the year announcements are made, which activities you can join: KVN, student newspaper, theater, literary club, scientific section. Do not miss the opportunity to do something else besides studying. After all, you can not study all the time. A hobby fills and helps to unload the head. Remember an important rule: a good student is a rested student. So set priorities and allocate time for leisure.
- Do not be afraid of teachers. Divide your courses into those that you know well and those that cause difficulties. Don’t accumulate unaccomplished material. Approach your teacher and tell him about your difficulties. He will definitely give advice on how to learn the material better. And when you get the hang of it, you can adapt more quickly.
- Find friends. Adaptation will be easier in a circle of like-minded people. Look at the guys in the group. Do not be afraid to go first and talk. With good company, you’ll find studying easier and the time will be more fun.
- Set priorities. Studying is, of course, the main thing in college. But leave one day off without studies. Go out and socialize. Such a reset will help you take up your studies with renewed vigor.
- Remember, all difficulties are temporary. More than one generation of students have gone through an adjustment period. They have managed, so you will too.
- Often first year students try to shield themselves from the new environment and conditions and leave everything as it is. But this is impossible, and such a desire can lead to maladaptation. We need to remember: whether we want it or not, but the conditions are new, and to function in the former habitual mode is not possible.
For some 1st year students, adaptation lasts for a short time. But there are some first year students who take a long time to adapt. To make the process easier, seek help. For example, student services. Specialists will help you with any issue in any discipline.
Adaptation should not be confused with humility. For example, complete humility with poor living conditions or aggression from others. There is no need to get used to and adjust to the collective, where it is considered normal to be morally humiliated, self-assertion at the expense of colleagues, intrigues or mobbing? This should be fought.