IKEJA GOLF CLUB LOCAL RULES
- TEEING AREAS
These are clearly defined under rule 11 of the Rules of Golf. A ball coming to rest on any tee except the hole in play through the green will be dropped not nearer the hole, one Club length away from the base of tee without any penalty.
- OUT OF BOUNDS
A ball is out of bound if it and when it comes to rest beyond the perimeter fence and as follows:
- Fences on holes 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13 and 16.
- The white markers on the 5” fairway holes are effective for all plays on holes 4, 6, 12, 5, 14, 8, 7, 16 and 17
- Left of the line markers on holes 9 and 18.
NOTE: All internal out of bounds are defined by white markers.
- LIFTING AND DROPPING
A ball coming to rest on the tarred surface of the road running diagonally across the course may be lifted and dropped without penalty to a position, not nearer the hole and within one Club length from the nearest point of relief. Other instances where relief may be sought and obtained with one Club length, not nearer the hole are at:
- Fixed man-made objects (except objects defining out-of-bound)
- U. R. Note that there is no option. Non-compliance is 2 strokes penalty.
- Tractor marks through the green.
- Plugged ball through the green (See Rule of Golf 25.2)
- PREFERRED LIES
These will at the discretion of the Captain and notice of such will be posted on the Club Notice Board and Competition Sheets.
Notice Board: When preferred lies are applicable, the following procedures will apply: –
- A ball lying on the fairway in play may without penalty, be moved or lifted, cleaned and placed within fifteen centimeters (15cm) about six inches (6ins) not nearer the hole.
- A ball that moves before the address, after it has once been preferred may be lifted and repreferred without any penalty.
- All trees on the course are deemed in play unless otherwise staked. A ball must be lifted and dropped one Club length not nearer the hole away from the staked tree or shrub which would be damaged by the swing of a Club.
- All balls to be lifted must be marked and properly placed. Rule 20 – 1.
- PALM TREES
If any ball is seen by a player and his marker to enter a palm tree and remains lodged in the foliage, whether the ball be visible or not, the player may elect to drop a ball two Club lengths away from the tree not nearer the hole adding one stroke to his score for that hole.
- WATER HAZARDS
The ditches across the course on holes 3/12, 5/14, 6/15, 9/18 are designed water hazards throughout its entire length Rule 26.1 of Rules of Golf applies.
- FOOT BRIDGE
All footbridges are an integral part of the course. Rule 24 – 26
8. There shall be no ‘Gimme’ on all kitties or competitions off white markers. Gimme’ off yellow marker games should not be more than six inches (6ins)
- Mobile phones and other electronic devices must not be used on the course except in designated areas; during all competitions (this includes kitties and match plays).
PENALTY FOR THE BREACH OF LOCAL RULE
- Matchplay: loss of hole,
- Stroke play: Two strokes